flammable paint and i are NOT friends :-(

MACmermaid

hey everyone....anyone know of a good way to get a nice, even application of flammable paint on the lid? for some reason every time i try it goes on all streaky and uneven. i don't have this problem w/ my other paints, so i'm not sure if it's this color or something i'm doing wrong. i tried it over a little prep + prime eye and that didn't help much.

anyway, anyone else have this problem or know of any tips to help me get it to go on evenly? i'm going to a concert this weekend and wanted to bust out with a look with flammable paint and carbon for a funky red and black eye. if i can't get the flammable on evenly i won't though, b/c i don't want to look like i have some type of eye infection lol.

thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

Nick

I love Flammable! To use it I prep my lids with a bit of concealer and powder. I apply most Paints with my fingers, but for Flammable I like a 242 brush. Good luck!

MACmermaid

thanks for the reply! i'll try a little concealer and use a brush instead of my fingers for flammable...thanks very much
smiles.gif

martygreene

I recently discovered that while the MAC prep+prime eye isn't the best primer for regular shadows, it is amazing for paints. It helps them glide on more evenly and smoothly, without (for me at least) comprimising their longevity.

pale blue

With Flammable, I find the less I use of it the better results I have. It definitely is one of the more trickier paints to use!

MACmermaid

thanks everyone! concealer and powder as a base + using a brush w/ flammable was the winning combination for me
smiles.gif
i did the look called "red haute" that is in the gallery under MACLOOKS and it was pretty cool! i got as even of an application of flammable as i think i will ever get.

p.s.- martygreene - i totally agree w/ what you said - prep + prime eye is great under paints too!

Latest posts