Flashtronic and Rushmetal for WoC

Macnarsandlove

Hi just wondering any of you ladies have swatched/ or bought any flashtronic or rushmetal? I can't get to the mall anytime soon to play with it so any advice especially concerning the msfs would be great. And how pretty of a blush would lovestone msf e/s be on a nc 40 and above? Anyway thanks. think

caroni99

I love these two collections...just love love!!!!

I bought Northern Light MSF which shows up as a pretty corally pink on my arm (I swatched everything on my arm) and will go back for global glow which I compared to my shooting star and it is more gold where SS is more bronze. I'm on the fence about gold spill...it's more of a highlighter like a really light beigy pink one...I might go back and get it and then if I don't like it swap it away.

I got Ether and Mercurial e/s which are sooo gorgeous and I'm going back for Lovestone which along with Mercurial will make a really wicked blush. I swatched these with my fingers and they applied so smoothly and not really sheer at all. They fade a bit over time so I think I will need to use a base or apply them wet if using as an e/s. Mercurial and Lovestone are still pretty much where I swatched them with just a tiny bit of fading.

The only lip product I got was electro lush lipglass as it is the prettiest raspberry pink and I think it will look good with any skintone.

I got Mauvement, Copperized, and Cocomotion from Rushmetal b/c I don't have anything like them in my current collection. The swatches on my skin are gone now but that's only b/c I was so nervous about dropping the damn jar of pigment that I barely got any on my finger to swatch.

Anyway...I'm happy. I was afraid that the MSF's would not show up on me and they did...and also that they eye shadows would be too sheer and disappear really fast on my skin and they do not. I'm glad finally a collection I have not hyped myself over only to be disappointed in the end.

I'm an NC 43ish btw...not too sure I don't wear foundation or anything sooo...

prinzessin784

There's a swatch thread for both collections, just do a search
smiles.gif

QTAllStarGurl

i cant wait to get these msf's i want all of them b/c i dont have any i always miss them
ssad.gif
and i think theyre gonna be sooo gorgeous but i cant got 2 MAC until like monday grrr

aziajs

I like Gold Spill and Northern Light. Gold Spill is a pretty creamy gold color and Northern Light is a pretty blush color. It's a coral-pink. I was surprised I liked it so much. I got Ether, Mercurial, Lovestone and Quarry. They are pretty. They are kind of sheer but buildable so I'm sure I can work with them.

As for The pigments, I got samples of Off The Radar, which is a prettier, more vivid version of Love-Bud from Culturebloom, Cocomotion, which is a much prettier color than I expected. It's slightly olive gold. I want Mauvement and I'd like to swatch the ivory color, can't remember the name.

labwom

I just bought cocomotion pigment today! I wanted to get off the radar but at the last minute i changed my mind and I am happy with my decision. I might just go back next week and buy it though.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I got Cocomotion and Mauvement pigments. I was pleasantly surprized with the Rushmetal pigments (and I'm not all that into pigments). I am still on the fence about Copperized and I will probably get it in time. The other pigments were either very similar to other pigments/shadows, or just not eye catching.

I got two MSF's - Global Glow and Northern Light and I passed on the eye shadows. They were all really sheer, and just a shimmery mess. There was fallout all over my arm where I swatched them, and the colors didn't look like much of anything, just a sheer wash of something. I could see them working over a paint, maybe. If you are into subtle color, or just are fascinated by the product I could understand getting them, but a few of the shadows on display had already begun to chip; they are so delicate. I might get Lovestone and use it as a blush though, and who knows, I might re-swatch the eye shadows and decide I like them, but it's not likely.

NaturalSister19

I got my gratis for the collections a few days ago.

I see that several of you consider them to be sheer. Keep in mind that these Mineral Eye Shadows really 'POP' of you base them with the Overcast or Shark Skin Shadesticks.

Nice collection. Ether M/Es is my favorite. Off the Radar is exceptional on yellow-undertoned complexions. Love Northern lights to highlight my cheekbones, and I'm N9.

KeshieShimmer

I felt like a disco ball when I swatched them yesterday. I got gold mode, because I heard that it is pretty close to goldenair p/m from sweetie cakes. I got a sample of the copper one that looks like golden olive. I want to get the full size of that and off the radar when i get more cash.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
I got my gratis for the collections a few days ago.

I see that several of you consider them to be sheer. Keep in mind that these Mineral Eye Shadows really 'POP' of you base them with the Overcast or Shark Skin Shadesticks.

Nice collection. Ether M/Es is my favorite. Off the Radar is exceptional on yellow-undertoned complexions. Love Northern lights to highlight my cheekbones, and I'm N9.

Hmm, well I might give them another look, but I was just not impressed with the eye shadows. (But don't you have to say wonderful things about these products? lol
hmm.gif
) The pigments were better than expected, and I liked the MSF, or at least the two I got, so there were some highlights.

noahlowryfan

i see that my local Nordstrom have the new collections display. i heard somewhere from this board or another board saying that Nordstrom isn't going to sell it yet because of their Novel Twist collection. does anyone know if its true?

MACa6325xi

I picked up my pre-ordered Novel Twist items today at my local Nordstroms and also purchased items from Flashtronic. From Flastronic I only bought By Jupiter, Lovestone, Ether, and Quarry. Lovestone makes a great blush, that's why I bought it. I normally don't like too much glitter and shimmer. However, I think these shadows are versatile and you must use a base. I'm wearing Delft paint pot as a base with a light touch of Ether and By Jupiter. My daughter is wearing Delphic Fluidline with a little Ether in the inner crease with plum lipliner and Gaddabout lipglass and she looks great.

I think if you are not sure about the eyeshadows, take another look and think about using them with some type of base. They really are beautiful.

lipshock

So, I went today to one of my local Nordstrom counter and I swear I will never ever go again when they're having any type of sale. PURE MADNESS. The MAC counter was literally a zoo but thank the heavens one of my favourite MAs was working and she immediately saw me and began to help me with my product selection.

I was originally going to get all three MSFs but I just didn't feel "wow'd" by them. I did walk away with Northern Lights. I am probably going to go back to my MAC store (no Nordstrom until this sale is over) some time over the weekend and get Global Glow. Gold Spill did nothing for me. It looked pretty but I'm sure I wouldn't use it.

Now, the eyeshadows completely surprised. I wasn't planning on getting any of them but once I swatched the ones that immediately caught my attention I was in love. I got Ether and Tectonic but I am definitely going back for Lovestone and maybe Mercurial. I am in love with these shadows. They weren't sheer on me when I swatched them at all. Gorgeous, vibrant colour payoff and like butter on the skin. I cannot wait to see the results when I apply them with a base underneath. WOW! ETHER is definitely my favourite and stand-out of the mineralized eyeshadows for me, though. I want to buy a backup!

I didn't get anything Rushmetal yet. But I have my eyes on Mauvement and that pigment, which is similar to Old Gold but not really, but I can't remember its name. I'm not a pigment girl and I didn't swatch any of them besides the fact that the counter was chaotic and I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I didn't get anything Rushmetal yet. But I have my eyes on Mauvement and that pigment, which is similar to Old Gold but not really, but I can't remember its name. I'm not a pigment girl and I didn't swatch any of them besides the fact that the counter was chaotic and I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

I got Mauvement yesterday, and it isn't similar to Old Gold. Perhaps you are thinking about Sublte pigment? Those two are similar. Or even Botanical eyeshadow is similar. But Old Gold is a green/gold brown and Mauvement its a mauve/taupe/tan.

lipshock

I didn't say Mauvement is similar to Old Gold. I said I wanted to get Mauvement and the other pigment that is similar to Old Gold, but less green and more gold.

MACa6325xi

Hello Lipshock, which Maryland MAC counter were you at today? I hope you don't mind me asking or getting off the thread LOL.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i see that my local Nordstrom have the new collections display. i heard somewhere from this board or another board saying that Nordstrom isn't going to sell it yet because of their Novel Twist collection. does anyone know if its true?

my 3 nordies have all 3 collections out - novel twist, flashtronic and rushmetal... i guess it depends on the area
th_dunno.gif

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
So, I went today to one of my local Nordstrom counter and I swear I will never ever go again when they're having any type of sale. PURE MADNESS. The MAC counter was literally a zoo but thank the heavens one of my favourite MAs was working and she immediately saw me and began to help me with my product selection.

I was originally going to get all three MSFs but I just didn't feel "wow'd" by them. I did walk away with Northern Lights. I am probably going to go back to my MAC store (no Nordstrom until this sale is over) some time over the weekend and get Global Glow. Gold Spill did nothing for me. It looked pretty but I'm sure I wouldn't use it.

Now, the eyeshadows completely surprised. I wasn't planning on getting any of them but once I swatched the ones that immediately caught my attention I was in love. I got Ether and Tectonic but I am definitely going back for Lovestone and maybe Mercurial. I am in love with these shadows. They weren't sheer on me when I swatched them at all. Gorgeous, vibrant colour payoff and like butter on the skin. I cannot wait to see the results when I apply them with a base underneath. WOW! ETHER is definitely my favourite and stand-out of the mineralized eyeshadows for me, though. I want to buy a backup!

the last day of the sale is on Sunday so if you got plans on the weekdays, you have next weekend to go to Nordstrom.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Hello Lipshock, which Maryland MAC counter were you at today? I hope you don't mind me asking or getting off the thread LOL.

The Nordstrom counter in Montgomery Mall.
smiles.gif

Ask for Kwase (pronounced like kwa-say); she's awesome!

Latest posts