Flashtronic and Rushmetal for WoC

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I think Im going to use Lovestone as a blush, the MSF's didnt swatch so well on my hand, they were way too light

I am having second thoughts about buying Northen Lights because I wore it tonight to go out and was just like, "Hm, you are not so pretty on me." I am considering returning/exchanging it for Global Glow. I'm not sure. I hate returning products because it's such a waste but I just realized I just don't love it as much as I thought I did.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
the last day of the sale is on Sunday so if you got plans on the weekdays, you have next weekend to go to Nordstrom.

Yeah, I knew that. My MA told me when it was over and I told her I'd come visit her when it's done with.

MACa6325xi

Hey, Montgomery Mall was the last MAC counter I visited yesterday. I started out at the MAC store in Columbia and then the MAC counter at Nordstroms and then I had to go to Annapolis because Columbia didn't have my shoe size and then I went to Montgomery Mall to get something the other stores didn't have. I don't want to see anymore Nordstroms for a while. I'm tired of all these collections coming out.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
So, I went today to one of my local Nordstrom counter and I swear I will never ever go again when they're having any type of sale. PURE MADNESS. The MAC counter was literally a zoo but thank the heavens one of my favourite MAs was working and she immediately saw me and began to help me with my product selection.

WHEW!!! I thought it was just me. I haven't seen that many people in Nordstrom in a long time. I met a new MA (Erin @ Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL - very nice, VERY knowledgeable) and as great as she was I just wanted to get out. I didn't even look at half the things I had planned. I just left.

Ummm....I wonder if the pigment to which you are referring is Cocomotion. If so, I was really surprised by that one. It didn't look like much in the jar but it was really pretty on the skin.

tsukiyomi

I got all 6 eyeshadows!! I wore Quarry today over Beijing Shadestick and after 12 hours of work, it's still gorgeous and fresh. <3

I love them all. I plan on getting 2 of the MSF.

Rushmetal didn't appeal to me.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
WHEW!!! I thought it was just me. I haven't seen that many people in Nordstrom in a long time. I met a new MA (Erin @ Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL - very nice, VERY knowledgeable) and as great as she was I just wanted to get out. I didn't even look at half the things I had planned. I just left.

Ummm....I wonder if the pigment to which you are referring is Cocomotion. If so, I was really surprised by that one. It didn't look like much in the jar but it was really pretty on the skin.

Hm, I know it begins with a C. I think it might Copperized (?) but I'm really not sure. I really want to go back and check them out really thoroughly since I was so desperate to get out of there that I didn't take the time to look.
smiles.gif

Man, seriously, some of those women in Nordstrom yesterday were absolutely nasty. I was so shocked.

metalkitty

I guess I'm in the minority, I really want to like Flashtronic but it just isn't working for me... I bought Lovestone thinking it would be great as a blush, but it's all glitter and no pigment on me, I also bought Northern Lights msf and it also gives me the disco ball effect.
I tried them on in the store and made sure to get ones without too much shimmer but I still got the same effect, I swear the lights at department stores make EVERYTHING look good.
I also bought the Delft paint pot ( the teal one) it's not dark as I hoped but a mid tone blue teal with a ton of shimmer which makes it look even lighter. I can work with it and it is a good formula since it lasts so long on me but I can't use it alone since it looks kinda pastel on my skin.
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with what I purchased and will probably return Northern Lights since that one is the least workable on my skin.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I think Im going to use Lovestone as a blush, the MSF's didnt swatch so well on my hand, they were way too light

you get a good idea by swatching them on your hand, but these you may just have to try on your face... i wasn't impressed when i swatched on my hand, but i let an MA put some on my face... AND NOW I'M IN LOVE WITH NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!! it reminds me of the jazz i went thru with the beauty powders. i had the same experience with pearl sunshine beauty powder from barbie loves mac... now i can't live without it. oh yeh.. global glow is nothing like shooting star... lighter... it would fall in between shooting star and shimpagne.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I didn't say Mauvement is similar to Old Gold. I said I wanted to get Mauvement and the other pigment that is similar to Old Gold, but less green and more gold.

i think it might be copperized... very pretty!!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Hey, Montgomery Mall was the last MAC counter I visited yesterday. I started out at the MAC store in Columbia and then the MAC counter at Nordstroms and then I had to go to Annapolis because Columbia didn't have my shoe size and then I went to Montgomery Mall to get something the other stores didn't have. I don't want to see anymore Nordstroms for a while. I'm tired of all these collections coming out.

wow you are one shopping mama!!! lol hitting all of the hot spots! should we take this to shopping buddies in maryland??
lol.gif

yummy411

ok last message in this thread lol.... i was shocked by the rushmetal collection. i'm not a big time pigment lover either, but those had me really wanting a lot of them! whole jars! copperized... gold mode is hotness, mauvement (beautiful) off the radar.... unbelievable.. i mean, i think i'm going to get that oversized 219 (forget the number) brush to go with them... gorgeous! and mercurial m/e/s is not getting any love around here i love that shadow!! ahh i have to wait a while before i get my haul... my list is growing too long =( ok.. one more time for y'all.... I LOVE NORTHERN LIGHTS!!! it's giving my beloved pearl sunshine beauty powder a run for its money!

BinkysBaby

I got all six of the eyeshadows too and I absolutely love them.
I didn't get any MSFs because I have two and barely use them.
I super love the e/s though.
They are very soft and shimmery and it is super easy to build on them.
I think they are all a must have minus By Jupiter.
Although By Jupiter is beautiful, it looks like a mixture of Amber Lights and Bronze.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
ok last message in this thread lol.... i was shocked by the rushmetal collection. i'm not a big time pigment lover either, but those had me really wanting a lot of them! whole jars! copperized... gold mode is hotness, mauvement (beautiful) off the radar.... unbelievable.. i mean, i think i'm going to get that oversized 219 (forget the number) brush to go with them... !

I was shocked by Rushmetal too. I wasn't even going to look at it but decided that I might as well at least swatch them. They were very pretty. Much better than the promo pics would leave you to believe.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I was shocked by Rushmetal too. I wasn't even going to look at it but decided that I might as well at least swatch them. They were very pretty. Much better than the promo pics would leave you to believe.

Agreed. I didn't think I was going to like any of the Rushmetal pigments from the pictures and swatches here on Specktra, but I did. Just goes to show that it really helps to see things in person.

MACaholic76

I had all 3 MSFs on my list and was so excited but when I finally made it to my counter it was pure disappointment. I figured Northen Lights will show up on me just a bit but noooo, pure white chalky shimmer. I tried the other ones and same thing...just this weird cast on my skin. I had my daughter and her friend...my daughter is about an NC45 and her her is about my complexion...NC50 (on the lighter caramel side) and since they dont wear foundation I tested it on them. It looked ugly. All of them. Seriously. Even my daugher's friend told my counter manager to "please take it off, I dont like it"! LOL.
Ether e/s was the only one that stood out in both originality and pigmentation, as so did Lovestone, but as a blush. Now Lovestone would be a fantastic MSF shade for darker skintones, dont you agree?
Electro-Lush l/g was gorgeous...simply gorgeous and the only thing I know for *sure* I will pick up.

Beauty Mark

I tried Northern Lights (Asian, NC25 or 30, I think), and it looks like a decent blush. However, the glitter chunks make my pores look odd. I can't explain it, but I thought I had some weird blemish on my face at first.

AfricanaEyes

Not a big fan of Rushmetal and Flashtronic either. They were better in person but I couldn't bring myself to purchase any.

BeatrixKiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
i think it might be copperized... very pretty!!

(she was referring to Old Gold in comparision) This is just my take on it....

I believe it's Cocomotion that seems to be the Old Gold everyone wanted in the first place unless you were looking for a neon green from the very beginning. Cocomotion is sorta hard to explain. But as discribed it's a Dirty Gold with olive undertones (then it does have warm gold micro glitter). I wish it was just one way or the other, olive or warm gold. It's not my favorite from this collection, hence I'm returning it. I probley would have kept this if it WAS totally different. With a name like Cocomotion I was really hoping for more.

mjalomo

I am a NC40 and Flashtronic is the most amazing collection I have seen in a while. I bought all six shadows and the three MSF's. I love this collection.
I know skin tone can greatly impact how a color looks, but this may help a little.
MSF's:
Northern Lights- Looks similar to Glissade, but it has a much better color payoff and is darker. It is a little more raspberry than pink. It is not at all chalky on me. It does have glitter, but when I blend it, the larger chunks fall off.
Global Glow- Very similar to Shooting Star, but on my skin it looks less red/terra cotta looking and more golden. Shooting Star tends to turn darker after I have it on for a while, and Global glow doesn't.
Gold Spill- I will not lie about it, if you are close to my skintone this will look almost exactly like Shimpagne. I can rarely find a use for Shimpagne;it makes me look ashy and greasy. Gold Spill has less white shimmer to it, but if you wanted Shimpagne, you should buy this one. It reminds me of nude hose.
Eyeshadows: Techtonic-Khaki colored on my skin. Tan with a little olive. I wasn't wowed by it, but I have worn it the most often.
By Jupiter- Looks like my favorite shadestick, taupographic. Exactly like it. It's a light sandy brown.
Mercurial- I love the color, a light frosty lavender color. It reminds me of the way kitchmas looks in the jar. I haven't worn it yet, so I don't know how it will work in a look. For the record, I haven't figured out how to wear kitchmas either.
Lovestone- Yes everyone compares it to Cranberry shadow. And they have a point, but on dark skin this color is not so red, deeper, and more beautiful. It is as if this shadow was made for darker skin. If you don't buy it, at least go swatch it at a store.
Quarry- The frostiest of the shadows, but it looks more sandy than white. It does not look as gray on me as I expected, just a nice soft sandy gold.
Ether- Midnight blue overall. The darker streaks look almost black, the lighter streaks look royal blue. It reminds me of the darker parts of a peacock feather. It is my favorite in the buch. Rich in color, and jewel-like. Another color you must at least swatch.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts