Flashtronic and Rushmetal for WoC

neeshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
I am a NC40 and Flashtronic is the most amazing collection I have seen in a while. I bought all six shadows and the three MSF's. I love this collection.
I know skin tone can greatly impact how a color looks, but this may help a little.
MSF's:
Northern Lights- Looks similar to Glissade, but it has a much better color payoff and is darker. It is a little more raspberry than pink. It is not at all chalky on me. It does have glitter, but when I blend it, the larger chunks fall off.
Global Glow- Very similar to Shooting Star, but on my skin it looks less red/terra cotta looking and more golden. Shooting Star tends to turn darker after I have it on for a while, and Global glow doesn't.
Gold Spill- I will not lie about it, if you are close to my skintone this will look almost exactly like Shimpagne. I can rarely find a use for Shimpagne;it makes me look ashy and greasy. Gold Spill has less white shimmer to it, but if you wanted Shimpagne, you should buy this one. It reminds me of nude hose.
Eyeshadows: Techtonic-Khaki colored on my skin. Tan with a little olive. I wasn't wowed by it, but I have worn it the most often.
By Jupiter- Looks like my favorite shadestick, taupographic. Exactly like it. It's a light sandy brown.
Mercurial- I love the color, a light frosty lavender color. It reminds me of the way kitchmas looks in the jar. I haven't worn it yet, so I don't know how it will work in a look. For the record, I haven't figured out how to wear kitchmas either.
Lovestone- Yes everyone compares it to Cranberry shadow. And they have a point, but on dark skin this color is not so red, deeper, and more beautiful. It is as if this shadow was made for darker skin. If you don't buy it, at least go swatch it at a store.
Quarry- The frostiest of the shadows, but it looks more sandy than white. It does not look as gray on me as I expected, just a nice soft sandy gold.
Ether- Midnight blue overall. The darker streaks look almost black, the lighter streaks look royal blue. It reminds me of the darker parts of a peacock feather. It is my favorite in the buch. Rich in color, and jewel-like. Another color you must at least swatch.
Hope this helps.

Thank yo so much for that review. Its probably the most comprehensive one I've seen.
I'm in the uk and we have a couple of weeks before this collection comes out and my shortlist is

Northern Lights
Ether
Lovstone

I don't like glitter but can deal with shimmer - just how glittery or otherwise are these products?

Thanks

ginger9

My rave is for cocomotion, fyi I am asian with yellow-olive undertones C/NC35 and darker in the summer. Cocomotion as others have described is tarnished gold with olive undertones. Reminds me of Woodwinked but has green undertones instead of copper/orange. What I love is after application the colour seems to "settle" and gets even richer and really plays up my dark brown eyes. Cocomotion makes for a fabulous golden, bronze smokey eye. It's a must check out for woc
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie
Thank yo so much for that review. Its probably the most comprehensive one I've seen.
I'm in the uk and we have a couple of weeks before this collection comes out and my shortlist is

Northern Lights
Ether
Lovstone

I don't like glitter but can deal with shimmer - just how glittery or otherwise are these products?

Thanks

If you use a brush on the apply the color without a base, you will get more shimmer and glitter but if you brush or pat the shadows over a base like a paint, CCB, or shadestick you will get a better color payoff and less fallout.

Latest posts