Flashtronic MSF Question

Dizzyray822

Hi Everyone....I hope this is the right place to post this question....but I just bought my MSF from the Flashtronic line today and I noticed on my Gold Spill one that there is a small chip in the product in the back of the compact. Should I take it and exchange it for another one? I know I have had things chip before and that is like the end of them b/c they just keep chipping away after that. WHat do you guys and gal think??? I hate to go back again because after my purchase today I already went back twice.....first, because the MA gave me Copperized pig insted of Gold Mode pig, and then I got home and looked at my Cocomotion Piggie and there was a lot missing so after taking that back too to show them, and they agreed, they gave me another one. It would be like totally embarassing, i think, to go again but this haul is just less than perfect this time. Anyway....what do you guys and gals think I should do? Its a small but def noticable chip.

diorgrl

Definitely bring it back - I just got back from the mall now, and all the testers were falling apart already! The entire cake was cracked then completely fell out! You paid for it, so don't worry about what they think. OR it'll be easier if you just go to a different mac location and exchange it there
smiles.gif

VioletB

Take it back!! I got home and my mercurial eyeshadow crumbled when I opened it. I would take it back tonite but Nordstrom closed early to get ready for the half yearly sale that starts tomorrow.
ssad.gif
That's ok though because now I realize that I should have gotten ether too!! It's so pretty!! I think they do this on purpose cause every time go back you just end up buying more!!
smiles.gif

Dizzyray822

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
I think they do this on purpose cause every time go back you just end up buying more!!
smiles.gif

YES!!! I do think they do this on purpose so that we can just keep feeding the addiction. Dont you LOVE Mercurial? I think it is soo beautiful. WHat are you planning to pair it with?

Twinkle_Twinkle

If you aren't happy with it, take it back, but if you are embarassed, go to a different counter or store (if you can). That's what I would do.

aziajs

Yep go to a different counter if your feel uneasy.

I just exchanged Ether today because when I went to use it, the whole shadow rotated in the pot. I was like WTF??? That's never happened. I was going to keep it but these are so fragile that I didn't want to risk any further problems.

nics1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyray822
Hi Everyone....I hope this is the right place to post this question....but I just bought my MSF from the Flashtronic line today and I noticed on my Gold Spill one that there is a small chip in the product in the back of the compact. Should I take it and exchange it for another one? I know I have had things chip before and that is like the end of them b/c they just keep chipping away after that. WHat do you guys and gal think??? I hate to go back again because after my purchase today I already went back twice.....first, because the MA gave me Copperized pig insted of Gold Mode pig, and then I got home and looked at my Cocomotion Piggie and there was a lot missing so after taking that back too to show them, and they agreed, they gave me another one. It would be like totally embarassing, i think, to go again but this haul is just less than perfect this time. Anyway....what do you guys and gals think I should do? Its a small but def noticable chip.

Oh definitely take it back. You dont have to feel embarrassed or anything. You paid for it and you should be happy with the quality of what you bought. In your shoes, I would go back and exchange it too..

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyray822
YES!!! I do think they do this on purpose so that we can just keep feeding the addiction. Dont you LOVE Mercurial? I think it is soo beautiful. WHat are you planning to pair it with?

So far I wore it with lovestone... Gorgeous..

Twinkle_Twinkle

Oh, and I just thought I would add that my Northen Light doesn't have a sticker on the back. Lol, I just wrote it one, and peeled the label of the the box and stuck it on there too. I thought I about returning it, but then I thought nah, those people really will think I am crazy.

thenovice

I heard the eyeshadows are really bad quality. I ordered two of the MSFs, i hope they don't break on the way here. I am going to my MAC store to buy the eyeshadows- i want to see them in person before i spend my money on them if they are that crappy.

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenovice
I heard the eyeshadows are really bad quality. I ordered two of the MSFs, i hope they don't break on the way here. I am going to my MAC store to buy the eyeshadows- i want to see them in person before i spend my money on them if they are that crappy.

I love all the ones I bought. When you put them on you just have to keep in mind that they are more sheer than the other MAC shadows you are probably used to, and the darker ones do have a better payoff, especially when used with a base. If you put it on thinking you are going to get this vibrant shocking color (like most MAC shadows) you will be disappointed. They are just different in their own beautiful little way.
smiles.gif

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenovice

I just got my order delivered today and all the shadows (I bought three of them) and all the MSFs (I bought all of them) were alright...no chips, cracks, broken shadows or nothing. They did a pretty good job of packing them in the box so they wouldn't get jostled around or anything.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
I love all the ones I bought. When you put them on you just have to keep in mind that they are more sheer than the other MAC shadows you are probably used to, and the darker ones do have a better payoff, especially when used with a base. If you put it on thinking you are going to get this vibrant shocking color (like most MAC shadows) you will be disappointed. They are just different in their own beautiful little way.

VioletB is right about the eyeshadows. I got Techtonic, Lovestone, and By Jupiter. They are all beautiful colors but they are more sheer than your normal MAC eyeshadows. I'm actually glad that they're more sheer cause they will be perfect for a nice soft daytime look.

tsukiyomi

What's neat about the shadows is that you can wear them darker or lighter, depending on what kind of base you put under them.