Flat iron or curling iron?

Aurynn

I just got a sassy nearly shoulder-length cut. Now when I was younger and I had short short hair I had big-ass curls. As my hair got longer the curls disappeared.

Thing is, now that its shorter, some pieces are curled, some are straight and others just stick out.

I want to make nice curls, do you recommend a curling iron for that? Or should I get a flat iron that I can also curl with so that I have more versatility?
I'm afraid that the flat iron won't work with my lenght to curl it.
Thanks for the help gals.

gildedangel

I would get the flat iron, you can get a really small one if you need to, they make them as small as 1/2". I have a chin-length haircut and I use a 1" flat iron to curl and straighten my hair.

Aurynn

Thanks. Any techniques you'd recommend for curling? I've never used a straightener for anything but straightening.

xsnowwhite

if you just hold the clamps and sort of wrap your hair around the flatiron moving it down and still sort of wrapping, itll curl. the slower you pull the flatiron down the tighter the curl will be and if you move it down faster the curl will be bigger and looser. sorry those directions prob suck ,its hard to explain through writing. try looking up vids on youtube for a demo.

Latest posts