Floridians - wishing you safety!!

mac_obsession

I know Katrina is about to blow the ass off of Florida. I feel it here in NJ..
So Im wishing you all safety, and hopefully minimal if no damage...
You're all in my thoughts!!
Good luck

Nina!! Hope all is well for you and dh!

polobear45

Thanks --Its so windy here !!
The lights keep going on and off ,but besides that I managed to get on Specktra!!!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by polobear45
The lights keep going on and off ,but besides that I managed to get on Specktra!!!

rofl.gif

Good luck Floridians!

Juneplum

it SUCKKKSSSS!!!!! i have NO power so the DH, the dogs and I are at my parents house in Weston cos they have power!
thmbup.gif
fpl says we won't get power back until TUESDAY!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
AHHHHH!! the lake beside my house overflowed into my kitchen, but it;s not that bad.. HURRICANES SUCK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! (at least i can get onto specktra while i'm here though!!!)
winks.gif

lovemichelle

My boyfriends from FL, but now in NY so I'm glad he's here then there. He loves hurricanes, but I know I wouldn't.

AlliSwan

Ugh at least I'm up in North Central FL where we don't get the brunt of it. The rain got pretty hardcore here yesterday while I was running for cars. Last year I seriously wanted one of the fifteen hurricanes to just wipe me out it was sooooo bad. EVERY weekend we'd have power outages, it was impossible to keep fresh food in the house so we were eating nothing but fast food from the places that were open...Did have the best grilled cheese EVER though (actually made it on the outdoor grill, under an overhang). Starbucks even closes UGH! And to make everything worse, when it does let up, it's still horrendous weather and I have to go valet cars outside in a muddy lot. I hate my boss.

Qtspldprncs

It sucked...I just got my power restored today. We had the pleasure of sleeping in the heat Thursday & spending Friday in the heat until we decided to go to my grandmas house that had power.

How'd everyone fare??

Juneplum

woo hoo! we got power back today too!!
th_wiggle2.gif
luckily we didn't have to sleep in the heat co si just schlepped my DH and our dogs up to my parents house cos they didn't lose power!!
tong.gif

Qtspldprncs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
woo hoo! we got power back today too!!
th_wiggle2.gif
luckily we didn't have to sleep in the heat co si just schlepped my DH and our dogs up to my parents house cos they didn't lose power!!
tong.gif

That was smart!

user2

Wow June I recognize a German word: schleppen! Very nice!
smiles.gif

Anyway I hope everybody who might be threatened by the hurricane is alright!

I can't imagine how it is to live with a huge monster wind like this over here! But I heard that Katrina is as twice a big a Germany and that scares the hell out of me!

The last time we had a huge storm not as huge as a hurricane but huge
smiles.gif
I had to sleep in a tent!!! The walls of it were almost horizontal and I had to sleep on a little spot on my airbed and on my bag of clothes!!!
On the next morning the whole camping ground had to dry their clothes and to clean up their places! It was a mess!!!