Flowering Quad swatches

burkle

Played with the quad at Isetan department store today and was quite impressed. All the shades are quite pigmented, even the lustres were not difficult to work with. Blossomcherry is a bright cotton candy pink, while Early Lawn is a shimmery light spring green, kind of like Milani Limbo Lime but with more intense shimmer. The closest shade to Honesty that I can think of is Mulch but Honesty is a bit lighter. Sunseed is a pigmented white that flashes pink.

446080.jpeg

bellaetoile

er..isn't honesty permanent? or did they discontinue it when i wasn't looking? or re-formulate it? because the US version of honesty is one of my favorite shadows, even though its a lustre and i hate lustres. lol. the rest of them look really pretty, i just don't know if its worth my life trying to get a CP of it..

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
er..isn't honesty permanent? or did they discontinue it when i wasn't looking? or re-formulate it? because the US version of honesty is one of my favorite shadows, even though its a lustre and i hate lustres. lol. the rest of them look really pretty, i just don't know if its worth my life trying to get a CP of it..

Honesty is permanent, and looks like the same shade. I picked up a Flowering Quad, mostly becuase I collect them. Very nice, established MUA'er was offering CP's from Singapore. This Quad looks beautiful.

Wow how pretty!! Mac should seriously jus release everything everywhere! Lol well I'm sure they have a good reason for it, but I'm stil sad I can't get it!

Turbokittykat

I'm glad I'm getting this quad now. I debated for a while because it looked washed out and muted and didn't really call out to me. It would be the first quad I didn't buy since I started collecting. I decided I'd get it in the end because I could always sell it if I don't like it. Looks like I might like it after all though
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Honesty is a permanent and the other one looks kinda like Overgrown to me....meh something i could definitely live without.

lokailyve

wow, nice swatches! but i'm glad i didn't go through with a CP because these colors are not that special, IMO. i def. could easily find other duplicates of them.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Really pretty! Definitely suited for spring, or for autumn before it gets really cold. Reminds me of sherbet bonbons, yum!

burkle

Blossomcherry is quite bright and cheerful. Also more pigmented than it looks in the picture. I had to take the subway home with the swatches on the back of my hand as my digicam was at home. So by the time I got back, the colours had faded somewhat.