• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

"Flowery" Tutorial

eulchen

i was bored today so i thought "why dont give it a try"
its my first tutorial ever, so bare with me, and its for this look *here*

i know its not exactly a make-up one could wear every day
lol.gif
but maybe if you are ever going to a carneval and need some funky make-up for a funky dress, maybe you can find some inspiration here
smiles.gif

so, what do we need?
first, your basic moisturizer/foundation/powder combination. mine is:
Lush Cosmetic Lad or Ultralight
SFF liquid NC15
MSF natural light

and for the colour part:
stuffneeded.jpg

brushes:
187 (not pictured) for face stuff

for the eyes:
Bare Canvas Paint (not pictured)
In living Pink E/S
Passionate E/S
Juxt E/S
Swimming E/S
Magic Dust E/S
Rich Ground Fluidline
Sweet Sage Fluidline
B Never Bewitched Mascara

for the flowery part:
Astonisch All-Over-Gloss
Rose Pigment
Nightlight Pigment
Golden Olive Pigment

for the lips:
Strange Hybrid L/S
Flusterose Lustreglass

and here we go.
bare face. it looks even worse when flashed :| please ignore eyebrows and hair, theyre a mess today.
001.jpg

Step 1: do your usual foundation regime. moisturizer, primer, foundation, light powder
002.jpg

Step 2: prime everything were going to put colour on with an eyeshadow primer (i used Bare Canvas Paint)
003.jpg

Step 3: starting at the inner V of the eye, apply some In living Pink E/S with the 213 brush.
004.jpg

Step 4: fill the rest of the lid and over the crease with lots and lots of Juxt E/S
005.jpg

Step 5: add some Swimming E/S on top of the Juxt on the lid.
006.jpg

Step 6: BLEND!
007.jpg

intermediate #1: now it should look like something along this:
008.jpg

Step 7: take some Passionate E/S with the 219 brush and apply lightly to inner Core of the eye
009.jpg

Step 8: BLEND!
010.jpg

Step 9: Highlight brows with Magic Dust E/S
011.jpg

Step 10: Line your eyes with Rich Ground Fluidline and the 266 brush.
012.jpg

Step 11: to make the brown line look more "wooden", go over it with the brush 266 loaded with Sweet Sage
013.jpg

Step 12: MASCARA-TIME! please use your preferred choice of Mascara. lol
014.jpg

intermediate #2: thats what were having until now. side-note: one of my usual daily make-up routines ist juxt, swimming on the lid and in living pink in crease and slightly above. other side-note, we could make it more dramatic by using humid for example in the outer v, but i guess whats coming now is attention-whoring enough already.
lol.gif

015.jpg

lets go on with the show.

Step 13: mixing the painting colours. first take some astonish gloss, put it on the back of your hand. then take some pigment and add it to the gloss. swirl. ready. do so with all colours you need.
016.jpg

017.jpg

Step 14: load the 266 (or other pointy brush, i guess something really pointy like the 209 would be really helpful, but i dont have any of these, thats why i take the pointy side of the 266) with rose colour and draw little flowers under the brows on one of your eyes. i did 5, the outer ones really small, getting bigger in the middle.
018.jpg

side-note: how to do a flower? practise. this is how i do it: first a bigger line, then 4 smaller lines, or dots around it so it looks like a flower.
016b.jpg

Step 15: load the 219 with Passionate and put slightly on the flowers, not everywhere, just so it gives a more 3-dimensional sight.
019.jpg

finished eye #1!!
020.jpg

now you could stop here, as this is already kinda special and definately draws attention! but we want something bigger!

Step 16: draw lines with the 266 and rich ground fluidline where you want your "sticks" to be.
021.jpg

Step 17: go over it with the sweet sage again to add this more "natural" look. (the picture for this step was REALLY blurry, so imagine the previous picture, just with sweet sage, ok?)

intermediate #3: heres the base for the artwork.
023.jpg

i didnt quite like this so i took it off and made a new one.

Step 18: now, load the 266 with the darker green colour (nightligh in my example) and draw little leaves with it. keep some space for lighter leaves and the flowers!
024.jpg

025.jpg

Step 19: take the lighter green colour (Golden Olive) and go over the whole thing, adding some 3-dimensionality!
smiles.gif

026.jpg

intermediate #4: looks like this now!
027.jpg

Step 20: take the rose again and draw little flowers in between the green.
028.jpg

Step 21: load the 219 with Passionate and add to the flowers. clean the brush, load it with Chill and add this also to the flowers.
029.jpg

intermediate #5: another one! yay! so here we are now!
029b.jpg

Step 22: take a nice blusher (as i dont really have one i took the Rose Pigment) and carefully apply with the 187.
030.jpg

Step 23: the lips! were almost done! apply strange hybrid to your lips. (now, thats not very difficult, isnt it?)
031.jpg

Step 24: and finish off with somer flusterose lustreglass!
032.jpg

That´s it! We´re done! Hooray! And here´s the finished product!

finishedproduct1.jpg

finishedproduct2.jpg

finishedproduct3.jpg

hope you had fun! show me yours if you ever do such a make-up!

encore.gif
curtsey.gif

eulchen

ive got a picasso tattooed somewhere on my body, i guess im prone to such things
rofl.gif
thanks for the compliment!

c00ki312

wow that is some major art goin on there esp on the side of your face, how do you do it? neway its great!

eulchen

thanks! i did it with closing one eye, lots of squinting and had a hurting eye afterwards lol! but it was worth it. i could have done it not so far on the outside, and i do recommend it to everybody: do not go that close to your hairline. or work with several mirrors!
rofl.gif

and thanks to Janice for moving my thread into this forum, yay!

eulchen

hey! id like to ask all people who have not voted for me in the tutorial voting to please tell me what they though what i was missing or not well explained/pictured, whatever it was, please do tell me here so i can improve and next time offer you a better tutorial!
cheerleader.gif

thanks!
smiles.gif