fluid foundation and brushes

steponme

Hi guys!

Just curious...does application differ significantly between use with 190 brush versus one of the natural ones (187, 109...). Most of the posts seem to suggest either the 190 or 187.

I was at MAC and the MA used something that looked like the 109 powder brush to apply fix fluid. I usually use something like the 190.

Thanks for any replies.
smiles.gif

more_please

I used to apply fountain with a Prescriptives foundation brush (like the mac 190), but I've switched to my Flirt Skunk brush (until I can afford the MAC 187 its a dupe of). Its great! With the skunk, its really easy to blend and apply the foundation evenly and smoothly. It looks great, very natural but almost airbrushed too. With the foundation brush, its more like painting, and I find that I apply it unevenly, and usually a bit too thick. I highly recommend trying the 187!!

2_pink

The 187 is a DREAM to work with, especially with foundation. I was scared at first but wow...its just amazing. It really applies it evenly and almost airbrushed-like, buffs it on too. I <3 it.

bellaetoile

i have a 187 specifically for liquid products, so i'm not scared to use it. that said, i've found the compact liquid foundations (studio tech and moistureblend) work better with the 190 over prep and prime face, whereas stdiofix fluid works better with the 187 over studiomoisture fix. i can't get the studiofix fluid to work with prep and prime face OR the 190, it just comes out wierd and uneven.

LatinaRose

i use studio fix fluid with the 190 and have not had any problems, but it sounds like i NEED a 187 or two.

arbonnechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
i use studio fix fluid with the 190 and have not had any problems, but it sounds like i NEED a 187 or two.

I'm about to buy my second 187, as I prefer to use one just for liquid /cream products.

Latest posts