Fluid Line, LiquidLast Liner, or Liquid Eyeliner

TamiChoi

So I never tried any of the MAC liquid liner products.
th_dunno.gif

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on those three and some pros and cons.

I'm leaning towards the fluid lines ...
yes.gif
So what brush(s) do you use to apply that?

I'd also love to hear about the other type of liners as well! Thanks in advance!
thmbup.gif

..kels*

blacktrack fluidline or bootblack liquid liner. they both give a really different look though, so i guess it depends what you're looking for. blacktrack has a creamy opaque finish while bootblack almost has a sheen to it. for everday wear i'd get blacktrack & either the 266 or 209 brush. whichever brush works for you.
stay away from liquidlast!!!! it's a goopy mess & the brush is awful.
thmbdn.gif

florabundance

Bootblack Liquid Liner is my favourite liner in the WORLD - it's so intense. I've never actually tried Fluid Line, and haven't been tempted to. Coming to think of it, i'd love to see a comparison of the two.

TamiChoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
Bootblack Liquid Liner is my favourite liner in the WORLD - it's so intense. I've never actually tried Fluid Line, and haven't been tempted to. Coming to think of it, i'd love to see a comparison of the two.

In for the comparison as well!

Zoffe

Liquidlast liners can be a bit tricky to work with but not impossible
winks.gif
Once you get the hang of it you'll be fine
smiles.gif
They stay on REALLY well! They're like waterproof+++++(and so you shouldn't use these on the waterline. I know a few people do that but I've also heard a couple of stories about irritation). The liquidlasts have a bit of a sheen to them compared to the fluidliners. I'm not a big fan of the brush that the liner comes with so I usually just use my 209
smiles.gif

Fluidliners are super easy to work with so I'd recommend those if you haven't played a lot with liquid eyeliners before
winks.gif
They don't dry as fast as the liquidlast liners so you have time to smudge them or correct mistakes. They're not recommended for the waterline since they're water resistant but a lot of people(including myself) use them there anyway
winks.gif
They stay on really well - especially if you set it with a matching, matte eyeshadow.
I like the 209 brush but I know some people prefer the 266.

..kels*

comparison of all three. (sorry for image quality..)
L to R: blacktrack fluidline, bootblack liquid eyeliner, pointblack liquidlast liner.

IMG_2362.jpg

*edit:

so i hopped in the shower after i took these pics & gave the liners a waterproof test..

with just water running over it: blacktrack faded just a little bit, bootblack faded a TON, pointblack didn't budge.

rubbing my finger over all 3 lines while wet: blacktrack smudged a bit, bootblack completely smeared off, pointblack didn't budge.

scrubbing with bodywash & loofah: blacktrack finally came off, bootblack was already gone, pointblack finally smudged the tiniest bit with some really intense scrubbing!

..something to consider!!
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

i'm bumping becasue I want a liquid liner and I hear bootblack liquid eyeliner is better than pointblack liquidlast liner, but in the photos above, it looks blacker than bootblacker.
Which do you all prefer?

OfficerJenny

The liquidlast liner is "better" as a liner, because it's darker and lasts longer. Unfortunately the brush for liquidlasts suck, so you're gonna have to use your own eye brush to apply it if you want a really thick line.

But I used to put this on when we swam in school and it didn't move at allll. :3

Latest posts