Fluidline and contacts

ModestMouse

I love MAC's fluidline, but every time I wear my contacts and use it, when I blink it gets on my contacts, which is not too much fun. Is this a problem for anyone else, or am I just fluidline inclined? Anyone know of any solutions to this? Thanks!

And yes, I do apply it to my waterline.

karinaf

hahah, that happens to me too.

i just try not to apply a lot on my waterline. if i just do a thin layer it tends to not get on my eyes/contacts.

BlahWah

I was going to ask whether you apply it to your waterline. I use Fluidlines regularly and only have issues with it on my contacts if I accidently touch them with the brush I'm using to apply, which has only happened once or twice. Otherwise, I never have an issue with it. Sorry to hear you are, tho, b/c it's really annoying to get it off the contacts, if you can!

erine1881

they aren't approved for the waterline. i recommend using a different liner that is approved for your waterline so that you don't have that problem.

Inkerbelle

that happens to me too.... i don't wear it on the lower lid anymore. The powerpoint pencils seem to be ok though.

lsperry

I wear contacts and use smolder Eye kohl on my waterline - upper and lower....No smearing on my contacts or eye irritation. Lasts all day, too. I use the FLs on my upper lash line.

s0xjuicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they aren't approved for the waterline. i recommend using a different liner that is approved for your waterline so that you don't have that problem.

When I went into MAC, the MA recommended it to me, and she said it was okay for me to use on my waterline.

I have the same problem, you just have to be careful with applying it, but once I apply it, I don't have a problem with it after.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0xjuicy
When I went into MAC, the MA recommended it to me, and she said it was okay for me to use on my waterline.

I have the same problem, you just have to be careful with applying it, but once I apply it, I don't have a problem with it after.

i don't recommend it. there are only 3 liners approved for the waterline: eye kohl, technakohl and kohl power. one girl asked me to put fluidline on her waterline. i refused and made her put it on herself. i told her it wasn't approved, and if she wanted it there, she needed to do it herself. i'm not gonna be responsible for her eye if something goes wrong.

if you wanna use it on your waterline, by all means go for it, just be aware that it isn't approved for use there.

s0xjuicy

Really?

Yeah, when I went in, the MA recommended fluidline to me, but when I asked for a demo, she said that she can't do it because it's on my waterline, but I can do it myself & she'd tell me how.

It lasts all day for me and doesn't run.

Which one of the eyeliners would you recommend for all day wear on the waterline?

kokometro

Oh Honey NOOO. Contact the mac live chat.. Fluidlines are not for the waterline. Kohls are cleared for the waterline. If you want a gel liner for your waterline, Smashbox Jetset is the one.

No wonder your eyes are irritated!!

erine1881

i use feline kohl power almost everyday and it stays all day long. if you wanna be risky and use something not approved, use the shadows instead of fluidline. sometimes i do that if i want different colors, but i never use fluidline (top liner only, its my love everyday). fluidline is waterproof and transferproof, so it has ingredients that help it stay, ingredients that are too harsh for the waterline.

try feline and see how that works for ya. at least it comes off easily if it gets on your contacts.

juicygirl

i wear contacts as well but if i want to put something on my waterline i only use the smolder kohl pencil. for a time there, i did use fluidline on my waterline but i noticed my contacts would also get dirty and my eye would be irritated. i work for eye doctors (optometric tech) and so the doctor took a look at my eyes behind the slit lamp and she said that by putting fluidline on my waterline, i was not giving the puncta any room to breathe...thats the openings that aid in tear production. anyway as a rule you really shouldnt put anything on your waterline but she said that the smolder kohl pencil is much better because it is not as viscous as fluidline.

and i also thought i would mention that we recommend to contact lens patients to always put their contacts in BEFORE applying make up otherwise after the makeups on, you can potentially trap particles when putting them in after. hope this helps =]