Fluidline!!!

Artemis

I want to purchase fluidline but I going to need a brush too. I already have the 266SE brush but I find it annoying to use. I wonder if 209 brush is better for fluidline.

MiCHiE

I use a brush similar to the 209, but I've heard the regular sized 266 is better than the SE. Someone correct me if I have it backwards.

duch3ss25

I actually like both and use both brushes differently. When I want a defined wing, I feel that the 266 brush gets the job done perfectly. But if I just want a nice, thin straight line, I prefer the 209 better. Then my 266SE also gets the love, as my brow brush. This feels too stiff for my eyelid but it's stiff enough to contour the brows and bendable enough to shade and blend shadows for my brows. HTHS!

saniyairshad

i love the eyeliner brush from sephora...makes using f/ls a breeze
winks.gif

Jess-ee-ka

I use the 311 lip liner brush. just grab a little bit of fluidline, put it on the back of your hand and warm it up a bit with the brush till the tip is covered consistently then proceed to line. This is the only brush I use for my fluidlines and I love it!

starskye

I use the 231 for f/l b/c you can make really thin lines using the side of the brush to thicker lines if you please. You also get good control with the brush. Plus it's a versatile brush good for packing on pigment too. The 209 needs a little more control for applying.

saj20052006

I use 266 all the time. It is better ad not as full as the 266SE, The 209 is great if you are going for a quick thin precise line. I say get 266 (regular size)

Holly

I use the 263 for my fluidlines, and it works really well, I like to use the tip to really get into the inner and outer corners of my eyes, and for finer lines.

jenii

209 is the only brush that works for me when I am using Fluidlines.

The 266 (in either form) is too full, and the 263 is actually kind of a pain in the ass for me to use. The line ends up kinda uneven, so I end up going over it with the 209 anyway.

So, I'd say just get the 209. I now use the 263 and 266 for brows, or for applying e/s to the lower lashline.

lobsteriffic

I'm casting another vote for the 209. When I bought my first Fluidline the MA convinced me I should be using the 208 with it...for some reason that brush never gets me the results I want with eyeliner (but it makes a great brow brush!).

amoona

I have the 266SE, 266 regular size, and the 209. I use both the 209 and the 266. The 266 regular size is better then the SE but I still use the 209 to get into those tight lil gaps.

209 is a great fluideline brush and I used it for 2 years before I bought a 266 so it really depends on what works best for you. BUT the 266 regular size is easier for applying fluideline then the SE is.

*Luna*

I currently use the 266 wich works fine but sometimes I wish it were a bit smaller. I was recently recommended the 208 brush and it's now on my list for purchase.

tania_nia

As I put in a previous post I have both the 209 and the 266. In my experience the brush I use depends on what my hands want to use and what line I'm going after. Generally I use the 209 brush for a really thin line, for a thicker line it's the 266.

Some tips:

I find that fluidline lines up better if the brush is kinda damp.

A little goes a long way as Anthony at the MAC counter says "with fluidline, you don't want to look like you've been punched".

Practice makes perfect no matter what brush you use and what color you use.

Hope that helped!

xiahe

i personally
heart.gif
the 266. the 263 is like a smaller version of the 266. if you hate angled liners all together, than the 208 and 209 are good options as well
winks.gif

Latest posts