Fluidlines as eyeshadow = which brush?

absolut_blonde

I was playing around with Macroviolet today and I realized it would make the perfect crease colour for a smokey eye. Only problem is, I'm not sure what to apply it with. If I was applying it on the lid or as a wash, I would just use my fingers-- but I don't think that will work for the crease/outer-v. Any suggestions?

mima

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJam
I use the 242

me too! i love using brassy, sweet sage and i think it is called rich ground as eyeshadows

noteventherain

I was just going to say this!
smiles.gif
#242 is great for applying it as a wash or lid colour. but I don't think it'd work so well as a crease colour. maybe the #222 or #224 with some practice?

brandi

hmm on the lid i would use the 239 or 242 brush for the crease??? hmm... idk maybe the 222 i think the 224 is just tooo fluffy for it...

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteventherain
I was just going to say this!
smiles.gif
#242 is great for applying it as a wash or lid colour. but I don't think it'd work so well as a crease colour. maybe the #222 or #224 with some practice?

thats crazy!have u been able to make that work?

MACgirl

i only use the 239 when appling fluidline to my lids, i buff it out it as i go up, but generally i stay below my crease. The 224 and 222 (in my opinion) won't give you control over where the product will go, that and you may have splotchiness afterwards. BUT do it however your comfterable, some people make it work and some cant. good luck!

allan_willb

i have to try now because i dont think i could ever make that work....but im kinda afraid to put fluidline on my blending brushes....ewww

MACgirl

if you wash it with the brush cleaner (i do two parts water and 1 part brush cleaner, or u could do the other way around i guess) it should come right off. It's kinda wierd to put that brush i nfluidline but you nd up with amazing results! a little goes a long way too, try patting some on close to your lashline then blend upwards before it drys.

Shawna

I use my mini 242 from my paint set to apply fluidlines because the brush is small and gets right into the crease. The full size 242 works as well, but it isn't quite as precise. After I have the colour on, I blend blend blend with the 224.

absolut_blonde

Thanks all! I will experiment with this a bit once I have some time (don't want to try it before school in case I make a mess, LOL)

Brianne

Maybe use the 219 to actually get the product in the crease and use another brush (like the 217 or 222) to blend it quickly.

Latest posts