Fluidlines vs liquid liners?

Glamgirlie

Ok sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place and im going to sound so stupid now but...

Does fluid line last longer than liquid eyeliner or is it just the same thing? Sorry im pretty new to MAC products and thought i'd ask before i bought some.

mspixieears

It's actually gel eyeliner, I've not tried liquid eyeliner, so I can't say if it lasts as long, but the fluidlines are practically budgeproof.

amy_majamy

Hey there! I just bought black track last Saturday and it is amazing! For the first time I had perfect eyeliner that stayed on all night (and I have contacts so I tend to rub my eyes). And it was so simple to apply (it has to be foolproof if I can do it!) So yeah. buy a fluidline!!
eyelove.gif

Glamgirlie

Hey thanks for replying, I just didnt want to buy some if it was going to be the same as liquid eyeliner. As on me liquid eyeliner only lasts a few hours then starts coming off, but from what you've both said it seems it wont be the same so i might invest in some!

Wattage

Fluidline is definitely different from a liquid liner, and a whole lot easier to apply! Because it's a gel, the product is more controlable vs. trying to paint a perfect line with liquid ~ not something I do very well!
greengrin.gif

I recommend at least getting Blacktrack (if you wear black) or Dipdown if you wear browns a lot. It's worth the investment to try it out on something you will use frequently. Then, if you like it, you can venture into the other funky colours!

Have fun!
smiles.gif

PS: the only drawback is you need a good angle brush to apply these. If you don't have one yet, the expense to get the brush and a liner can seem a little daunting. Just to reassure you, fluidlines last so long - I haven't even come close to finishing one that I use daily and I have had it for over 6 months. The brush is a long term investment and for me, the angle brush is my favorite tool - so versatile.

ll*sugar

can you put fluid lines on your bottom lashline? cause i'm sure it works on the top.. but will it stay on the bottom lashline.. like the waterline.. or does it smudge on the bottom?

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
PS: the only drawback is you need a good angle brush to apply these.

why? I have art store brushes that are identical to MAC 209 and they work great. They cost me a whopping $2 a piece.

pr1nces583

im planning to get my first fluidlines today, i want blacktrack and sweetsage
smiles.gif
been looking at them for a while and decided to get them today. i also want the teal one (blue peep i think?) but ill have to wait for that one!

Sushi_Flower

Ok is this thread about Fluidline v Liquidlast liners or just liquid liners in general? Because i thought it was just about liquid liners in general so i started a thread a thread for Fluidline V Liquidlast liners as i really want to know the difference between them in performance but the thread was closed as apprantly this thread is the same..but there's no mention of Liquidlast liners here from what i can see.

glamella

I would like to know too. I wonder what the Liquidlast applicator is like. I'm hoping pen because I hate the tiny brush and felt ones.

xiahe

fluidlines are like a gel consistency, but can look like liquid e/l. i personally prefer fluidlines to liquid liners...they don't hurt when you put them on your waterline and dry almost instantly (unlike liquid) and they're practically budgeproof. so budgeproof, that i even have a hard time removing it make up remover. XD

kissmypinkstar

Fluidliners are a much better consistency than your average liquid liner - they apply easier and last all day! I love them
smiles.gif

lara

I personally see them as two different items that are used for different purposes. They're both eyeliners, yes, but it's like comparing a Fluidline pot and an eye khol - different products, different uses.

Quote:
they don't hurt when you put them on your waterline

Liquid liners aren't designed to go on your waterline, period. They're a lid product only.
smiles.gif

Jaim

I like the Boot Black liquid liner because it's very black and striking but lately I've had problems with my eyes watering (when it's windy especially!) and the liquid liner runs like mad. When I use Fluidline, it doesn't run or smudge at all.

Glamgirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim
and striking but lately I've had problems with my eyes watering (when it's windy especially!) and the liquid liner runs like mad.

I have the same problem so i was worried fluidline would be exactly the same.

scrapbookromance

I love my fluidlines! I use blitz&glitz all the time because I don't like a super hard black. I use it almost every day and I've had it since christmas and I feel like I haven't even made a dent in the pot! not to mention my three other fluidlines and I sometimes neglect, ah! summer = more color
smiles.gif

Latest posts