Focus problems.

ninaxmac

Okay, I know I am not the only one who has a problem paying attention, so I figured I would ask you all for help on ways I can help myself to focus. I am in college right now and it is soooo hard for me to sit during long lectures. Instead of listening to the professor I will start thinking about stuff like the next makeup item I want to get or just totally random things. I try to tell myself I need to focus, but it's like the more I try and focus the more frustrated I get with myself for not being able to. My boyfriend suggested I spend less time online because the internet is where my wish-list always begins and once I start one I can't take my mind off it until I get it. Do any of you all have this problem? and what do you do to help yourself? I really need to better myself since I still have 2 years left in school not including the years I will spend in graduate school. TIA

chellebreezy

i'm the same way hun! i find it very hard to focus in school. i'm going to nursing school and my teacher is beyond boring! he's got this super monotone voice and i always end up doodling on my notes or thinking about something that has NOTHING to do with the lecture he gives us. it can be hard trying to focus...maybe your bf's right...try to stay off the internet for a few days and see how you're doing. is your professor lecturing straight from the book? or is he getting it from somewhere else? because what i do is that i know he's getting it straight from an outline that is in the book and i just read it that night after class. idk, but i hope that helps!

iadoremac

I had the same problem but I am done with uni and i am currently getting my mba and i still have the problem. to offset this i spend alot of time reading text books and course notes. i have also discovered that it also helps to read the material to be covered in class before the class.

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
When your mind begins to wander, slap yourself in the face.

LOL, i think i'd have a permanent hand mark on my face if I did that every time I lost focus.