Foiled eyeshadows with fix+ ???

henrieta

Hi everybody!

I was checking swatches of the coming style black collection and one of the members (iheartmakeup - thanks for the swatches hun!) foiled mineral eyeshadows with fix+ and the result was amazing!

How is it done? which brush is the best to use? and do u use some base underneath as paintpot for example?

This is the thread:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...9/#post1679902

Thanks!!!

specktra_rocks.gif

gildedangel

I like to wear a base under it. I use a brush like the 239 and spritz the Fix + onto the brush. If you are using a mineralize eyeshadow then you can spray the Fix + on the product; it won't hurt it. Then using the wet e/s, you pat and pack it onto the lid. That's about all there is to it! You don't need to use much Fix + to do it, the brush should be damp, not sopping wet. Be sure to clean the brush right after you use it to avoid staining! HTH!

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrieta
Hi everybody!

I was checking swatches of the coming style black collection and one of the members (iheartmakeup - thanks for the swatches hun!) foiled mineral eyeshadows with fix+ and the result was amazing!

How is it done? which brush is the best to use? and do u use some base underneath as paintpot for example?

This is the thread:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...9/#post1679902

Thanks!!!

specktra_rocks.gif

Yup.. I use Fix+ for it.. when I've run out of that, in a pinch, I'll use Visine.. it doesn't seem to matter which kind. Sometimes I'll use mixing medium too. My technique is pretty easy.. I'll use an eye dropper and put a drop or two of liquid (medium, Fix+ whatever) into the lid.. moisten my brush, I use a flat brush.. like the MAC 239.. make sure its not soaking wet.. then pick up the pigment and pat it on. not swipe. If you swipe, it tends to streak and not look right. I do use a base all the time. Because I don't foil above the crease.. if you do, you'll have that disco-ball look going on..

LMD84

like others have said - i use my 239 brush (or a similar shaped one) and pick up some product and then spray the brush from a couple of inches away. then paint it on! i also use the water based mixing medium if i have no fix + but dropping a drip onto the brush which already has product on it
smiles.gif

henrieta

thanks girls!!! im planning to foil mineralize eyeshadows as the result was beautiful on the swatches (style black collection). So it doesnt matter if u spray fix+ first and than the eyeshadow, or eyeshadow first and than fix+ ?

cant wait to buy fix+ ! i was so dissappointed with colour craft collection as the colour pay off is soo poor on its own... so im gona give it another try!

L1LMAMAJ

i use udpp and a paint pot under my foiled eyeshadows. i hate creasing and this method has worked so great!

LMD84

Quote:
thanks girls!!! im planning to foil mineralize eyeshadows as the result was beautiful on the swatches (style black collection). So it doesnt matter if u spray fix+ first and than the eyeshadow, or eyeshadow first and than fix+ ?

cant wait to buy fix+ ! i was so dissappointed with colour craft collection as the colour pay off is soo poor on its own... so im gona give it another try!

with mineral products it doesn't matter but with normal shadows you must get some shadow on your brush and then spray the brush with fix plus. if you use a wet brush on normal shadow it makes it go bad and mold can grow from the bottom up. not good!

erine1881

Quote:

i don't understand why you're having problems with them. i've yet to have poor payoff with any MES.
th_dunno.gif

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i don't understand why you're having problems with them. i've yet to have poor payoff with any MES.
th_dunno.gif

Well, when i swatched them at mac, the colours on my hand seemed beautiful, really rich and shiny (basically really good pay off). But when i applied them to my eyelids, the colours didnt show up at all. For example pink didnt look like pink at all, it looked more like a white, also purples swatched on my hand looked beautifully, but on my eyes they showed only as light purple. Im using Gurlain eyeshadow base and dont have problem with normal eyeshadows, but msf... so hoping fix+ will save me!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I've done this with my MES as well as my lustres and the results tend to stay vibrant and stand out a little more. I get too freaked out about mold to let my eyeshadows come in contact first but I thought it was just me. I'll put the shadow on the brush then fix + but I never reverse it...I thought I had some phobia about possibly wasting my makeup. Glad to know I'm not the only one like this.
tong.gif

I've seen many a post on this forum where people say moisture can be damaging to a product and me putting fix + on there first falls in that category to me. Thanks for letting me know I'm not backasswards. XD

hee hee! no you're not backasswards!
tong.gif

Latest posts