for people with pallettes/people with single eyeshadows..

samsgotflavor

I need your personal opinions.
I'm a fresh picked, new, raw, WHATEVER you call it, MAC ADDICT!
choochoo.gif

I would love to hear your opinions, weighing the pros and cons of storage/presentation for your shadows.

Do you prefer pallettes? Why or why not?
Or do you prefer single eyeshadows in pot form, and having them stored, such as the tutorial from enkore - YouTube - Eyeshadow POT Organizer

So far, I only have a quad and 1 pot eyeshadow. I don't know how large my collection will grow, so I am wondering which technique will be more useful. I'm leaning towards enkores way because it reminds me of the mac store
yes.gif
Plus I want everyone to see my beauties! But the pallettes save space...but they cost more in my pocket...but buying the pots cost more than pans for the pallette...but you can depot those..but that won't work if i dont get a pallette..but i can always wait till i hit the pan of the pot and then depot it when there isn't anymore product left...

nope.gif
can you tell im wired?
thanks for the help ladies! I need a nap

TDoll

I only discovered palette storage a few months ago actually. For a few years I stored all my MAC eye shadows in a neat drawer. I could see the colors, but they were always getting messed up or I would pick the wrong color out. They were always getting all mixed up too.
So I bought some palettes, depotted TONS of shadows and got to B2M the empties for a crap load of stuff which was cool. With palettes, I can see all my colors, keep them organized like I want by color family and seeing them all together like that really helps me get ideas on what colors look great together. Not to mention my 6 palettes take up less than half the space needed to store them before I put them in palettes...
You'll also save some money in the future buying the refill e/s pans which are cheaper.

blindpassion

haha awe I love enkore

BUT in my opinion
palettes are the way to go
I used to buy singles when I didnt know how large my collection was going to get.... big mistake, it took up way too much space.

I depotted all my eyeshadows and started buying only the pans and putting them into palettes.

I do this because:
1. Its so much easier to store.
2. Its a lot easier to do eyeshadow looks when you can group colors together (aka all your blues and aquas in one palette, all your purples and pinks in another). I found when they were all in pots I always forgot about certain colors and had a hard time putting looks together. With the palette system they are all infront of you and easy to see.
3. Buying pans is CHEAPER then the pots :p saving moneys always good!
4. It takes up a whole lot less space in your traincase / counter / etc.

Unless you happen to love the way the pots look
I suggest palettes for all the reasons listed above
smiles.gif

Enkore has a good tutorial about labelling your palettes as well!
Good luck and have fun!

samsgotflavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
haha awe I love enkore

BUT in my opinion
I used to buy singles when I didnt know how large my collection was going to get.... big mistake, it took up way too much space.

I depotted all my eyeshadows and started buying only the pans and putting them into palettes.

I do this because:
2. Its a lot easier to do eyeshadow looks when you can group colors together (aka all your blues and aquas in one palette, all your purples and pinks in another). I found when they were all in pots I always forgot about certain colors and had a hard time putting looks together. With the palette system they are all infront of you and easy to see.

smiles.gif

Good luck and have fun!

Isn't enkore so cuteeeeee?! He's so smiley and peppy!

those seem like good reasons! I appriciate you telling me the mistakes you made when you first started off so I don't do the same!
yes.gif
Maybe if I collect enough fluidlines I can store them like the video
cutey.gif

TDoll

Quote:
I found when they were all in pots I always forgot about certain colors and had a hard time putting looks together. With the palette system they are all infront of you and easy to see.

YES! I was just about to add this to my post!! I re-discovered a lot of good colors when I put them into palettes.

glamqueen1

My collection isn't that big either, I have only 15 regular eyeshadow-pots and a couple of larger mineral e/s pots, all nicely displayed on my bathroom-shelfs. So I don't have a problem finding colours either. We don't have b2m in sweden, I would have to buy a palette on e-bay if I would want one, but I'm not really motivated to start depotting. Since we can't buy pans here, it stops me from buying a lot of basic e/s such as naked lunch, woodwinkled etc If we had the b2m, pans and palettes-system here, I would get a lot more.

GlossyAbby

I just am not a pallete girl ...I have some that are in pallettes and I hardly ever reach for them I like opening up my traincase and seeing all my shadow pots.......but that is just me....

blindpassion

Quote:
haha awe I love enkore

BUT in my opinion

I do this because:

smiles.gif

Good luck and have fun!

I just wanted to make a new point to my last post too^
: I have over 70 eyeshadows, so this is why palettes work so well for me.
The pots worked fine until I had just over twenty of them and then it was too much to store in my opinion and I always forgot to reach for colors because they werent laid out.

erine1881

the only downside to palettes is that if you drop/lose a palette, you're out all those colors.

but the pros outway the cons imo.

i have 21 15-palettes, 5 self-made quads, and 8 blush palettes. so you can just imagine how many pots i would have floating around if i didn't depot.

thelove4tequila

I have about 55 or so eyeshadow pots. I'm kinda in the same boat wondering if I should depot or not since I have so many. BUT I doubt I ever will. I HATE HATE messy makeup/storage areas. I cannot stand eyeshadow fallout/debris/flakes or whatever you want to call it anywhere near rest of my stuff. I mean how could I keep my palette clean if there are so many eyeshadows close together???

sofabean

i use palettes and they stay clean. there isn't a lot of eye shadow fall out unless i drop it or shake it really hard or something lol. palettes are just easier for me because it's easier to find colors and they're all in the same place.

the only con about palettes in my opinion is that i wouldn't travel with them. i don't want any of my shadows to break, but they're great for just using at home.

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I have about 55 or so eyeshadow pots. I'm kinda in the same boat wondering if I should depot or not since I have so many. BUT I doubt I ever will. I HATE HATE messy makeup/storage areas. I cannot stand eyeshadow fallout/debris/flakes or whatever you want to call it anywhere near rest of my stuff. I mean how could I keep my palette clean if there are so many eye shadows close together???

I totally agree, which is why I don't use palettes. Aside from the fact that I don't have that many eyeshadow pots to begin with. Also, with the urban decay palettes I find it annoying when debris gets all over the place and in between different eye shadows. With that being said, I think palettes are mostly ideal for people who have tons and tons of eye shadows. Although... I really am tempted to depot.