FOR PRETTYKITTY: *WARNING no more content *

orodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
People that are offended by breastfeeding baffle me. It doesn't get more natural than breastfeeding.

ITA! :thumbsup:

Janice

Last November a local restaurant asked 2 mothers to leave b/c they were breastfeeding. Patrons were insisting it made them uncomfortable and was inappropriate for a restaurant setting. It almost started a riot! It was all over the news for weeks!

Quote:
In November, two mothers were asked to leave a Round Rock restaurant because they were breastfeeding. The women mistakenly thought they had a right to breastfeed in the restaurant because the Texas Health and Safety Code (165.002) allows a mother "to breast-feed her baby in any location in which the mother is authorized to be."

Unfortunately, J. Eric Poteet, the Public Affairs Office of the Round Rock Police Department, informed the mothers that a private business, such as a restaurant, "reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason"-including breastfeeding, because "many feel that baring a breast in public (or breastfeeding itself) is inappropriate and indecorus [sic] in a restaurant setting."

Breastfeeding is neither "inappropriate" nor "indecorous"-it is a basic right of a child to receive nourishment.

In 1995, the Legislature acknowledged this, stating:

"...breast-feeding a baby is an important and basic act of nurture that must be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and family values... the Legislature recognizes breast-feeding as the best method of infant nutrition."

*Stargazer*

I am by no means litigious, but I will sue the pants off of anyone that tells me that I can't breastfeed somewhere. Fortunately, CA is pretty good about this kind of thing.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
I am by no means litigious, but I will sue the pants off of anyone that tells me that I can't breastfeed somewhere. Fortunately, CA is pretty good about this kind of thing.

OMG yes!!! god bless the person that tells me i can't breastfeed my kid somewhere! i will turn into super she-devil mother!
greengrin.gif
i mean please... pamela anderson is showing more boob in her pic than a nursing mother does in public????

midnightlouise

I checked out the pic the other night...Cute! I nursed both of my sons, one for 14 months and the other for 10 (he wanted "real food" lol!) and I think half the population of Nashville has seen my boobs thanks to those two little devils lol! But no one ever said anything to me. I guess it just surprises me that people get offended, because the breast was MADE for babies to eat from. If people get mad at me feeding my baby, and they think it's sick, then that's their hang- up, not mine, you know? I didn't gratuitously display myself out in public, no nipple ever showed, and I covered myself up as best as I could. Besides, people see more bosom at the beach than what I showed! LOL!

Jessica

What's up with the militant forcing of others opinions and beliefs on everyone else?!?! Call me old school, but I personally believe that breastfeeding should be private. Yes, it's natural....but so is having SEX!!! I don't f*ck in restaurant. And as far as I concerned, sex in the right context is divinely appointed by God..i.e. two MARRIED individuals.
I am a mother who also breastfed, but NEVER considered exposing myself. I respected others beliefs/opinions and myself.
So, you are a self proclaimed "nipple-nazi" but doesn't that term in of itself signify and project a feeling of complete disregard for others?
Yes, please do what is right for your children, just as I did. But don't call me a pervert because I prefer not to see a child on a womans breast in public places. Save the term for it's correct useage of identifying pediphiles and other sexual predators. That way the word does not lose it's impact as it will when used flipantly.
Yes, a woman's body is beautiful when it is functioning in it's entirety, but also keep others in mind.
so attack me and attempt to belittle me because I don't see the world the same way you do, but I could not sit idlely by and let you and others label me as a sick and disgusting pervert because I don't want to see a suckling infant while I am eating dinner or shopping in the mall.

midnightlouise

You're right, too, Jessica. If somebody is blatantly just showing off, it can be embarrassing! I think there is definitely a balance to be maintained. Honestly I really doubt that anyone ever saw mine, I was always totally covered up (I was just kidding before, it was my joke with my husband because my kids always liked to try to pull the cover off their heads!) I am actually a very modest person, and it pained me to have to do it away from home in the first place. I usually tried to time outing so that it wasn't an issue, or I expressed enough so I could feed that to them. My problem is with people who get offended at the *idea* of a baby being under there. My cover was so huge you could barely see the kid, let alone the breast! And if people can't see anything, why get upset? And for my part, I am so sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, I in no way meant to infer that you were in any way perverted because of your different viewpoint. I respect that, and I see where you're coming from. I was actually referring to men who get excited by a nursing mother suckling an infant, and that *is* perverted! I apologize for not making that more plain. I think people have the right to go out in public and not be confronted with a naked breast, but at the same time, I have a right to not have to nurse my baby in the toilet because somebody takes issue with the idea of me feeding a hungry infant with breasts that they can't even see.

Jessica

Agreed.. I support any woman breastfeeding while covered and if the innocent babe pulls the cover off and mom is exposed for a second no prob.

orodwen

that's fine but no one asks individuals to eat in the bathroom when they have a plate of food in their hands, do they? i don't equate breastfeeding w/ shitting, i equate it w/ nourishment, comforting & loving. i think the breasts are very different from genitalia & i don't need breasts to have sex or give birth, do i? on a tangent, i use my mouth for/during sex so i guess i should keep that covered to? i think a blanket over one's chest is far more obvious an act than anything i ever did in public. i never went around & announced i was breastfeeding nor did i "whip it out". i see a blatant lack of logic w/ the arguments presented & if i believed in a judeo-christian or any other monotheistic god i'd still disagree w/ the arguments presented. i would never think any god/dess/s would think breastfeeding an immodest act. s/he/it/they wouldn't have made breasts to begin w/ if that were the case.

and finally, to me those who are perverted are those that cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right. i think that is what's happened w/ how breastfeeding is perceived.

orodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
I checked out the pic the other night...Cute! I nursed both of my sons, one for 14 months and the other for 10 (he wanted "real food" lol!) and I think half the population of Nashville has seen my boobs thanks to those two little devils lol! But no one ever said anything to me. I guess it just surprises me that people get offended, because the breast was MADE for babies to eat from. If people get mad at me feeding my baby, and they think it's sick, then that's their hang- up, not mine, you know? I didn't gratuitously display myself out in public, no nipple ever showed, and I covered myself up as best as I could. Besides, people see more bosom at the beach than what I showed! LOL!

i totally agree & i commend you.
smiles.gif

orodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
sorry ordie. this is bullshit.

*giggling* thanks, chels. it's interesting to see how none of the offending individuals even thought of coming to me directly. if they had i would have been a bit more giving (really truly) on my subject header or at least listened to their argument/case but not when they have to complain to the higher ups to get this sort of thing taken care of. you know me, i'm usually easy going.
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
I don't see what the problem was. It wasn't even a whole boob, and no nipples.

Exactly. IMO the problem was people didn't think the original warning was clear enough. Like I said before, you can never overestimate people.
th_confused_new.gif

orodwen

Quote:

oh, but there's another individual attached to it & some think that is an indecent act even though it's the most natural thing in the world & nothing obscene about it. *sigh*

orodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Quote:

Exactly. IMO the problem was people didn't think the original warning was clear enough. Like I said before, you can never overestimate people.
th_confused_new.gif

i hear ya, janice.

Latest posts