For the MAC collectors

kbrit08

righto i'm really sorry if this is been done before {i had a quick look through} but i'm a newbie mac collector {just reached over the 100 mark} and as im paying for my items i get a thought..is it really all worth it?i set myself a goal to know the in's and out's of makeup,mac being in biggest interest with a hardcore collection but i cant help that "what if i didnt buy all this" feeling,so all im asking is for a few simple answers..
1) How big is your collection? rough numbers of each product.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at?
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time?
4) How often do you buy MAC?
5) Do you sell off any of it?
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it?

TIA!
Brittany
xx

eccentric

I'm probably not the best to answer this as I'm a newbie myself, most likely more so than you. ;P But I'm going to anyway.

1) How big is your collection? 7 1/4 tsp. pigment samples, 4 lipsticks, 15 eyeshadows, 11 lipglasses, 1 blush, 3 liquidlast liners, 1 fluidline and 1 paint pot. I have this all written down in Wordpad so it was easy!
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I started taking interest around the age of 16-17, I'm 19 now and have only been heavily obsessed and addicted for a couple months!
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Not really. Well, I usually go in knowing what I want and stick to that.
4) How often do you buy MAC? I'll say 1 or 2 times per week. It may not seem like it with my extra small collection, but it is steadily growing.
5) Do you sell off any of it? No. I do not buy extras to sell. Yet! But I doubt I will.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? I'm only a beginner, so no. ;D

kbrit08

thanks!i'm interested in all sized collections
thmbup.gif
for my question about selling off some i meant for the people have loads that either want to get rid of their collection totally or have items that they have never used x

eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrit08
thanks!i'm interested in all sized collections
thmbup.gif
for my question about selling off some i meant for the people have loads that either want to get rid of their collection totally or have items that they have never used x

Ah sorry, I read it wrong. But yeah, I don't have much and so far I try to use pretty much everything I have, so I haven't sold any or plan to. :] I think the only time I would sell something is if I just plain never used it, regretted buying it, or decided it looked bad on me. Or even if it became really rare and I was desparate for money, something like that. Hasn't happened yet, thankfully. ;P

doniad101

I have a small-medium sized collection. I have some eyeshadows, glosses, liners, foundations, powders etc. I have the neccessities.
I've been collection since 2006, but I've also been purging with my makeup collection since the summer of 2006. So every month or so, I purge on items I dont give love to. I believe I was like 17 or so, lol.
I guess you can call it a budget but I only spend the money I can, meaning, after everything that needs to be paid gets paid, whatever money I have left over and I know I dont "need" it, I spend it on my makeup which is why I still have a small-medium size collection.
I only buy when they have a new collection that I'm interested in (which arent many, lol) and when I've found a product I might be interested in. I buy and test out or just test out in store etc., so not too often. I also buy from other brands.
I only buy makeup that I know I will use, or want to at least try out. I dont buy extras to swap/sell.
Yes for a little while (for a personal reason) but other than that no, lol.

starr

very small. 1 fluidline, 1 blot powder, 1 foundation, 4 eyeshadows, 1 pigment, 4 lipsticks, 1 lip laquer, 1 3D glass, 2 lipglasses, 1 paint pot. [i think that's all i have]
i started late 2007. that's just a few months ago
smiles.gif

well, a bit. i write down what i want and then i'll go to the store to see it personally
whenever there's a new collection worth seeing or if i need something [ie my foundation runs out, etc]
nope!
smiles.gif

kbrit08

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
very small. 1 fluidline, 1 blot powder, 1 foundation, 4 eyeshadows, 1 pigment, 4 lipsticks, 1 lip laquer, 1 3D glass, 2 lipglasses, 1 paint pot. [i think that's all i have]
i started late 2007. that's just a few months ago
smiles.gif

well, a bit. i write down what i want and then i'll go to the store to see it personally
whenever there's a new collection worth seeing or if i need something [ie my foundation runs out, etc]
nope!
smiles.gif

yep thats like me,i started late 2007 just before 'of beauty' but i've had a few bits from early 2007 too.It'll grow mines already passed 100 + counting!keep me updated with your collection
thmbup.gif

Primula

1) How big is your collection? rough numbers of each product. I’d say my collection is on the smaller side of medium - about 89 eyeshadows, 14 pigments, 39 other eye products (eyeliners, Shadesticks, Paint Pots, etc.), 6 mineralize skinfinishes, 36 lip products, 15 brushes and a few other things.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? Since August last year. I was 18 at the time.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Sometimes, but not always. I give myself a monthly MAC budget, but I somehow always end up spending more
tong.gif

4) How often do you buy MAC? A few times a month, usually.
5) Do you sell off any of it? So far, the only thing I ended up getting rid off was Off the Radar pigment. I swapped it.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Not yet, but it will probably happen at some point.

Sanayhs

1) How big is your collection? I have 29 eyeshadows (I had thirty but a friend stole one
ssad.gif
), 2 paints, 4 paint pots, I believe... 16 fluidlines?, 1 liquid last liner, 9 lipsticks, 4 lipglosses, 1 lipliner, 4 blushes, studio stick foundation (NW15! All the liquid foundations are too dark for me.
ssad.gif
), 1 full size pigment, 2 15 well palettes and 3 quads, 1 fafinette doll, 5 SE brushes and 4 full size brushes, select cover up in NC15, 3 dual edge liners, 3 kohl liners, eyelash curlers, small sharpener, 1 metal-x eyeshadow.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I received my first MAC products for my 18th birthday when the only MAC store in my area opened (I'm 21 now, and can I just say woo Atlantic Canada? Ha!), but I didn't go crazy with MAC until recently. There's a fair chunk of Fafi and Heatherette in my collection.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Nope. I usually buy what I want, but keep my disposable income in mind.
4) How often do you buy MAC? I'm in the store often enough that basically all the MAs know my face. I don't always buy, though.
5) Do you sell off any of it? Nope. I only buy things I like, and have never bought a backup of anything.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Not really. I despise cosmetics with no pigmentation, as I'm a huge fan of bright, vivid colours. Also, I have bizarre body chemistry, so I like a good quality product so that it actually stands a chance of surviving my skin.
greengrin.gif

seymone25

1) How big is your collection? I have 140 eyeshadows, 4 paints, 10 paint pots,5 fluidlines, 25 lipsticks, 40+lipglosses, 8 lipliner, 30+blushes, 8 foundations, 20full size pigment, 2 fafinette doll, 15+ brushes, 4 dual edge liners, 2 kohl liners, all metal-x eyeshadows, and 5 mineralized eyeshadows.

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I have been collecting for the last year but I have been using MAC for the last ten years.

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Sometimes. It really depends.

4) How often do you buy MAC? I wanna be where everyone knows my name, so I am in there pretty often.

5) Do you sell off any of it? No.

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Mac and I have a love/hate relationship. I will go hard for a while and then lose interest. Its an ongoing cycle.

starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrit08
yep thats like me,i started late 2007 just before 'of beauty' but i've had a few bits from early 2007 too.It'll grow mines already passed 100 + counting!keep me updated with your collection
thmbup.gif

I have been soooo tempted with the holiday 2007, Originals and the N Collection but I haven't bought any from those collections yet! I'm still trying to pay off the clothes I'm buying for my upcoming trip to London :p

I'll definitely try and check out the MAC store when I get to London to buy a lippie from the Euristocrats collection. I can't wait!
yahoo.gif

KellyBean

1) How big is your collection? A bronzer, a blush and an eyeshadow.

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I've been collecting for a month, so I was 14.

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Just the cash I bring that day, I don't use other spending methods.

4) How often do you buy MAC? Twice so far.

5) Do you sell off any of it? No. I don't really have enough to sell!

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Nope.

I'm a newbie, too.
th_LMAO.gif

coachkitten

1) How big is your collection? I would say that my collection is medium to large.

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I have been collecting since age 18

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? My montly budget has a MAC section! That is how addicted I am.

4) How often do you buy MAC? Mostly every collection or when I run out of something.

5) Do you sell off any of it? I have sold off some of my backups but I usually try to keep everything.

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? NEVER!

KikiB

1. How big is your collection? Well, let's see: 8 pigments, 4 glitters, 10 eyeshadows, 2 different lipglasses (one has a backup), 4 different lipsticks (one has a backup), one BPB, an eye brush set, one Liquidlast, one iridescent pressed powder, one blushcreme, 5 Dazzleglasses, one mascara, one MSF, and one trio.

2. How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? Well I bought my first MAC item a little over a year ago, when I was 18...but it was not until this January when I seriously started collecting. So 18 or 19.

3. Do you give yourself a budget each time? Usually it's a two-item limit, because I don't pay bills but I don't make a ton of money so I just try to keep it sane and safe.

4. How often do you buy MAC? Usually now every payday, sometimes in between if there's a launch, or if I have been good and not done a ton of other recreational spending (then it's time to treat myself to a new eyeshadow).

5. Do you sell any of it off? Nope, I have no intention to.

6. Have you ever lost interest or felt like you were losing interest? Nope, no chance. Makeup is my art!

melliquor

1) How big is your collection? I would say mine is large. 7 BPs, 18 MSFs, 17 blushes, 30 eye pencils, 92 e/s, 12 fluidlines, 37 l/g, 11 l/l, 41 lippies, pigments... 43 full, 7 vials, 21 samples, 5 quads, 2 foundations, 25 brushes.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I have been collecting like crazy since Barbie but I have always loved makeup and would buy it. I would say in my early twenties.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? I spend my money that I have after bills and savings... my monthly spending money.
4) How often do you buy MAC? It varies. This last few weeks... I have bought loads because i was bidding on stuff on Ebay.
5) Do you sell off any of it? I have sold backups and a few things that I didn't like. I sold most of the Fafi stuff that I bought and kept a few things.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? I lost interest around mid October last year until March. I still kept up with the collections but only bought the MSFs and one or two things. I spent maybe £100 in 5 months. I didn't use any makeup though and anything new that I bought wasn't touched. My last big haul was the Antiquitease collection and I sold the MES last month.

catrin

1) How big is your collection? Medium, I guess.. 4 lipsticks, 1 lipglass, 32 eyeshadows, 6 fluidliners, 1 shadestick, 1 paint pot, 1 foundation, 2 blushers, 1 eye pencil, 1lip liner, 1 bronzer, 2 pigments, 12 brushes, brush cleaner, eylash curler.

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? started 5 years ago, at 22 years old, but started very, very slowly.

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Nooo, but I really, really should!

4) How often do you buy MAC? Nowadays, pretty much every week... eek!

5) Do you sell off any of it? No. Doubt I ever will.

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? No way, especially with so many great new collections.

iluffyew769769

1) How big is your collection? 69 Pigments, 8 Pigment Samples, 42 eyeshadows, 7 lipsticks, 1 glitter liner, 11 lip glasses, 1 paint pot, 1 shade stick, 3 glitters, 3 luster glasses, 2 lip pallets, 1 blush
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? on and off for about 6 years. I started collecting when I was 14 and now I am 20.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? No I just get what I want.
4) How often do you buy MAC? Not very often, this week I went in the store 3 times, but usually it's like once every 1 or 2 months.
5) Do you sell off any of it? Nope. All Mine!
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Yeah from about age 16-19 I didn't buy anything, I still wore it of course!

rocking chick

I have been collecting MAC for a year and a month now.

I consider my MAC collection small. Eyeshadow 21,MES 64,lipstick 22,lipglass 11,lipgelee 2,blusher 3,eyeliner 1,nail polish2,beauty powders 3,glimmer shimmer 1,MSF 12,eyeshadow quad 4,lipblam 1,paintpot 2,pigments 3,IPP 2,cream e/s 3,pearlizer 1,moisture select concealer 1,liquidlast liner 1,e/s palettes 2,beauty powder blush 2,dresscamp face palette 2,fluidline 1,novel twist pro brush set 1 and finally,heirlooms basic brush set with gold canister 1.

Only been collecting for a year and a month.

I don't set any budget.

Once every 2 weeks,depending on whether the LE collection attracts me or not.

Oh yes! Some of my Barbie Loves MAC stuffs. I was just addicted to MAC at that time,so I went nuts and bought the whole collection. One year later,I discover that I really won't be using certain shades. So far I sold off - style it up,happening gal,fashion pack,entremauve,stroke of lust,out to shock,crystal rose & backups of lots of rocking chick,pearl blossom bp,style it up,modern ms,sweet & single,real doll,etc.. can't think of the rest right now.

Yes,my interest for MAC drop quite abit for a couple of months last year. I was on holiday to Korea and bought lots of korea cosmetics and all was fairly cheap and good. Later on,I venture into Japanese cosmetics and collecting them too. MAC is much more expensive comparing to them. But eventually I realize that I still love MAC most due to its outstanding quality,excellent marketing of LE collections & my favourites MES and MSF.

makeupmadb

1 foundation, 1 concealer, 1 Fix+, 1 Studio Moisture fix, 1 strobe cream, 1 pigment, 1 beauty powder blush, 2 p/p, 4 e/s, 1 kohl eyeliner, 1 liquidlast, 1 beauty powder, 1 lipglass, 1 lipstick, 2 brushes and I think that's all, but I have a lot of makeup from other brands too as I've just started with MAC really (although had a clearout of some!)
Since the end of March this year (2008). So around 2 months.
No just how much I've got I'll spend! Although I wishwishwish the products were cheaper here like in America - they're much more here in the UK.
If I decide to have a trip to my nearest MAC store - so it varies. It's about 25 mins car drive, so luckily it isn't right on my doorstep!!
No way!
No, sometimes I stop and think: This is quite alot for just makeup, (especially as it's more expensive than the USA) but I know how good quality it is and how much I love it!! I also have this theory that I will just get a couple of products now and again...not much chance of that!

xxManBeaterxx

2 foundation
47 blushes
5 lipsticks
5 lip glosses
1 fix+
17 Mac Brushes
14 MSF
17 E/S
60 pigments
2 bronzers
1 mascara
1 Brush cleaner
1 drawer to store them all
ssad.gif

I think i started at 12 with blot powder and nympthette lipgloss it was really cheap back then.. I started going crazy around 2003 With D'Bohemia collection.. darn i missed the all-girl pigment and the d/c frost pigments! /sobs

I Dont get any products except for blushes and pigments from every collection, since i love to collect those.. sadly.. I guess thats my budget? If i didnt spend $500 on mac brushes this year(My 10 year investment), i normally spend $300-500 on the pigments/brushes/msfs that come out with the collections

With Every collection that a blush and pigment appears with, so once every 1-3 months?

I've swapped a few, im selling some now..

Well because of the great ladies in specktra, and my need to look my best everyday in front of my husband, and after 10 years, no, i may have missed a year of collection .. darn i missed the barbie blushes, but i always find my self addicted to MAC.