Miss Redgal

im a nc45 i use fluid fix
cornsilk translucent powder -ulta
nc45 concealer

copper or dolly mix on the cheeks

on the lips:
plum l/p
hot gossip l/s

ok i though it was me the MSF natural in dark makes me look like a orange crayon
i tried using it as a contour..im not sure if thats even right...lol

my question:
shape and sculpt series
which duo would you rec for me

i found a site with them and dont know which on to pick

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I second this request.
thmbup.gif

I have actually never worn any of the NC45 liquid foundations before, so this would help. I am always colormatched completely wrong in store, so I only am guess-timating that I am NC45 (in SFF). Studio Fix C7 is really good though.

Well I can pull up a few of my pics for reference as well as a little swatching I did of the foundations.
amuse.gif
All NC45 of course.

This is Satinfinish:

011-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Now swatches:

003-3.jpg

These are Bobbi Brown Swatches
004-2.jpg

Hope those help.

Miss Redgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I was advised to use Sculpt & Shape Warm Light in a MAC chat. I'm NC45/C7

tonx!

miss sha

A MAC SA gave me NC45, but I don't think it's a good match for me. I feel like it looks way too orange on my skin.

Then it started breaking me out.
ssad.gif

I use Clinque Even Better in cream caramel now and I totally love it. I'm thinking about trying BareMinerals though because it's pretty hot here now and I tend to sweat off liquid foundation. For people in the NC45ish/Clinique cream caramel range, what BareMinerals kit do you get: deep or tan? There isn't a Sephora in my state so I'm going to have to buy the kit online. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlof1983
im also a nc45. i learned from local mac artist to mix nc45 with nc50 to cover my hyperpigments on my face.im curious to see what else you ladies have to say

I do that every time I apply my MU. I use NC45 in the center of my face and then do NC50 on the perimeter. AA women are more prone to facial masking so we honestly usually need two foundations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I found a foundation stick that works really well finally--Bobbi Brown in Warm Almond. I use studio finish concealer in NC45/NC50/NW40 (I mix various combinations of two to cover whatever) and then set with LM translucent, and it's great. I'm casually thinking of trying Mac's stick foundation again (because of the spf), since last time it was way too peach, but my skin was retaining a lot of redness and inflammation (In my mind, I have rosacea
th_dunno.gif
) but that's finally not so bad anymore...

Oh, and I picked up Viva Glam V today--I am in love!!!
drools.gif

VIVA LA VIVA GLAM V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

It's my ABSOLUTE FAVE lipgloss!!!!! I showed it to a customer @ my counter today and she said it looked old ladyish....needless to say i almost CUT HER! lol j/k

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
A MAC SA gave me NC45, but I don't think it's a good match for me. I feel like it looks way too orange on my skin.

Then it started breaking me out.
ssad.gif

I use Clinque Even Better in cream caramel now and I totally love it. I'm thinking about trying BareMinerals though because it's pretty hot here now and I tend to sweat off liquid foundation. For people in the NC45ish/Clinique cream caramel range, what BareMinerals kit do you get: deep or tan? There isn't a Sephora in my state so I'm going to have to buy the kit online. :/

I think it depends on the foundation. I found (before I started testing it) that Satinfinish made me orange. However now I use Studio Sculpt and it's much better now. I did a thread on comparing two colors (NC42 and NC45) because most people told me I was really a 45 and I just couldn't believe it based on my use of Satinfinish. So I took some pics with the NC 42 and compared them to old shots. I looked so much better with NC45. This is in Studio Sculpt and now I'm a true believer of my color. I think sometimes you have mess around with them.

If you buy Bare Escensuals, get the dark/deep kit. I used dark before I started using mac.

ms. kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytrini1913
VIVA LA VIVA GLAM V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

It's my ABSOLUTE FAVE lipgloss!!!!! I showed it to a customer @ my counter today and she said it looked old ladyish....needless to say i almost CUT HER! lol j/k

This is my all time fave l/g and I'm never without it!

I also love Magnetique l/g, woodwinked, rice paper, and sable shadows.

Questions: what creme color bases look good in nc45?

And does anyone use Naked pigment? How is it? I was wondering if it's a good highlight.

kimbunney

NC45 here with strong yellow understones! I switched from using NW40 as a concealer to NW35 I found that NW40 was too red when I just wanted to put on the concealer alone. Favorite MAC concealers: Studiosculpt, Prolongwear, Select Cover.
Concealer I use for dark circles Studiosculpt in NW35, I use prolongwear in NW35/Select Cover NC45/MUFE full cover 14 for blemishes, for brow highlight Studiofinish in NC42.

Foundations:
Pronlongwear NC45, perfect match
Satinfinish NC45, perfect match
Studiosculpt NC45, one shade too light, right undertone
Matchmaster 7.0, neutral undertone on me
MUFE HD 173, almost perfect, sometimes I notice the red in it but for the most part I think the undertone is neutral
MUFE HD 170, tad too light, right undertone
MUFE MAT 70+ is too light, 75+ is too dark
Cargo HD Powder 40, perfect match, perfect yellow undertones in powder my favorite one!
Cargo Tinted Moist. Tan, too red
Revlon Photoready Caramel, neutral undertone
MSF Natural in Dark
NARS Sheerglow in Cadiz, perfect match/perfect undertone goes on light but settles in five minutes
NARS Tinted Moist. in Cuba, perfect match and very yellow undertones

Fiberluver

I'm NC45/C7 as well.

When I compare my Lancome Teint Idole to NC45 - NC45 is much more orangey!

With liquids: I prefer teint Idole. (see my siggy for TI shade)
Powders: I love MSF Natural & Studio Fix

califabulous

Although I have never been matched to nor tried any NC45 foundations, some of my best (not perfect) matches cross over to shades that a lot of NC45's wear. I have more olive undertones and less yellow -if any- and I believe that makes the difference. I have been matched to NC50 but that color just doesn't work either.

MUFE velvet +70
MUFE HD 173
MUFE F&B 12 (18 is soooo wrong)
MUFE duo mat 214
MAC studio fix powder + C8
MAC matchmaster 7.5 (7.0 only seems to work when I am my palest)
MAC Medium Deep MSF
NARS sheer matte in Tahoe (i have no idea how or why this matches) and Macao works better in summer (cadiz-neverrrr)
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Suede 460 W
Diorskin forever 050/060 I think the 050 is lighter on my chin area I can't remember....

MAC NW40 concealer makes me look like a dry ash-monster. NC45 pro-long wear concealer is perf. NW35 moisture cover under eye works well also.
MUFE Full cover in 14 for all over. Full cover 12 for under eye highlight

BLUSH:
MAC pinch me, sweet as cocoa, dollymix, Fleur power, Coppertone, dirty plum, Golden bronze loose pwdr
NARS Exhibit A, Liberte, Mata Hari, Gina, amour, torrid, taos

EYESHADOW:
MAC Saddle, brown script, girlie, soft brown, sable, sketch, satin taupe, nocturnelle, star violet.

LIPS:
Dior Cruise
chanel rouge coco Flirt, Romance
Mac cherish, blankety, viva glam V l/g, VG nicki l/g is my new obsession. So Chaud is really nice and mocha too..

heat.gif

MissTT

My best MAC match so far has been C7, but it doesn't come in the forumlations I want. NC45 ends up turning orange on me. Currently using MUFE HD 173 which is a great match for me in the cooler seasons. I have yellow-olive undertones making it difficult to find a good match. Prescriptives Fresh Antelope was also a great match for me back in the day.

shontay07108

Great thread! I'm NC45 and these products work for me: MUFE HD Foundation: 173 MUFE Face and Body Foundation: #18 MUFE Liquid Lift Foundation: 14 MUFE Duo Mat Foundation: 214 Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation: #64 Beige Ambre Dolce and Gabbana Creamy Foundation and Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation: Soft Tan Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: Malaga Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer: NC45 Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer: NC45 YSL Touche Eclat: #4 MUFE HD Concealer: #360 MUFE Full Cover Concealer: #12 Dark Beige Nars Concealer: Amande

MissTT

Shontay have you ever tried YSL Touche Eclat #5 for olive/golden undertones? Curious if that would work for us.

shontay07108

I vaguely remember swatching all the new colors when they came out and thinking none of them would work for me. Next time I go to a counter, I'll take another look, though.

MissTT

Thanks, I was just curious. Unfortunately no YSL near me so I can only do trial and error online ordering.

shontay07108

:lol: I just googled the shades and it seems 5 has taken the place of 4. I was told that before, but I've still spotted 4 at Sephora and other department stores in my area. From the looks of it, 5 doesn't seem bad at all. Google it and take a look. I don't know how it compares side by side to 4, but maybe (just maybe) it's worth taking a chance.

Prettypackages

Nars Concealer: Amande
HOw do you like the Armande?

I am NC44 and I use the same concealers as you. Almost the same foundation colors too, well, that was this summer. I don't know what I am anymore.

Am I the only one who likes having different foundation types and colors to choose from?
One day I might want a TM, the next heavy coverage, the day after that just concealer in certain places, or a matte finish, or just a mineral foundation. I can't wait to my skin gets back to being as clear as it was.

Latest posts