for when i demo...

anuy

okay so i have a couple of q's for my demo. typically, i do the eyeshadow and then i use a mac wipe to clean up under the eye. BUT i think that would not be professional during the demo. so how else can i clean up? also, how do i sanitize blushes/eyeshadows? TIA!

sweetyk

When I had my demo interview, I did my models eyes for the day look, then foundation, lips, blush. After that I did the night look and I had some fallout. I just took a powder brush and brushed the fallout off. I dont think using a wipe would be too unprofessional. At our counter we usually just wipe the top of the blush and shadows with a tissue.

MACGoddess

To sanitize:

- Sharpen eye/lip pencils and dip in alcohol before and after use
- Lipsticks dip in alcohol before and after use and wipe with a tissue. Either use with a lip brush or straight from the tube
- Wipe the tops of powder products before and after use with a tissue
- Liquid products pour into a petri dish to use or something similar, do not use from the bottle
- Cream blush/CCB etc, put a drop of alcohol on the surface, spread it around, then wipe the surface with a tissue before and after use

To clean fallout, either use a brush to fluff it away, or use a MAC wipe.

Bronxcutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
To sanitize:

- Sharpen eye/lip pencils and dip in alcohol before and after use
- Lipsticks dip in alcohol before and after use and wipe with a tissue. Either use with a lip brush or straight from the tube
- Wipe the tops of powder products before and after use with a tissue
- Liquid products pour into a petri dish to use or something similar, do not use from the bottle
- Cream blush/CCB etc, put a drop of alcohol on the surface, spread it around, then wipe the surface with a tissue before and after use

To clean fallout, either use a brush to fluff it away, or use a MAC wipe.

For powder blushes, do you put a little alcohol on the tissue, or use a tissue only?

Will they give you a petri dish for the demo?

giz2000

Do not put alcohol on any powdered product...just wipe it with a tissue...there will be plenty of petri dishes at the counter...good luck!

anuy

omg thanks so much!!

also, when i drop off my portfolio, should i wear all black? or is that overkill?

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxcutie
For powder blushes, do you put a little alcohol on the tissue, or use a tissue only?

Will they give you a petri dish for the demo?

NO alcohol on powder products, this will destroy them...

And I would wear all black. I was always told to dress for the job you want... I wore all black when I dropped off my portfolio and for my interviews and demos.