forever 21 dammit!!!

Hilly

Awww sorry girl. I hope it gets better
smiles.gif

Mz_Shoogah

Aww that sux! I work in an office (professional environment) but they didn't ask me to take off my nose ring so it's bull that Forever 21 would ask you to!!!!

Beauty Mark

Piercings, as far as I know, don't count as discrimination. Plenty of places ask people not to wear them.

I think the problem is whether they told you this at the interview/hire.

kimmy

honestly, there isn't anything you can file against them (like descrimination) for asking you to take the piercing out. it probably says somewhere within their hiring agreement that no facial or visible body piercings are allowed. it sucks, but that's just how some places do it.
ssad.gif
sorry to hear they made you take it out, it's so cute on you!

vica

yes they did and today i asked if i could just wear it till i get a clear spacer thing for it because i didnt have time to buy one and my friend was supposed to get one for me today and they wanted it off NOW .. i gess i shouldnt have said anything since most the girls working there were ignoring me..lol

Jacq-i

I love the clothes there! But some of the girls that work there are annoying... Anyway, that stinks.
ssad.gif
I wish they weren't so rude to you.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by vica
yes they did and today i asked if i could just wear it till i get a clear spacer thing for it because i didnt have time to buy one and my friend was supposed to get one for me today and they wanted it off NOW .. i gess i shouldnt have said anything since most the girls working there were ignoring me..lol

Who wants it out? Your manager, or just one of the catty girls working there?

All things considered though, I really dont know why a place like Forever 21 would even care... Not like they are the height of fashion lol...

Maybe get a job at hot topic heh.

yummy411

omg are you serious?! forever 21??? well next time tell them I SAID to lose the mohawks, too low rise jeans and scratchy purple nail polish! lol.. i can't believe they told you that. in trendy stores like forever 21, they seem to encourage individual funky style. i hope you get your piercing back!

vica

thanks for the all the support you guys!!

and guess what?! i tried to make the best of it and just fill the hole with a brown pencil so it just looks like a mole ! LOL!!

ilurvemakeup

Best wishes to your new job
smiles.gif
Unfortunately I used to be a retail manager who was stuck telling new hires this and that (including hiding of tattoos and removing piercings during work). Stupid work dress codes.

Love Always Ivy

yeah forever21 is horrible to work at. like the people that work there ever do anything. please. that store constantly looks like it exploded. and that goes for all locations, i dont care where.

my friend cassie worked there. her first day she went for a cigarette break and never went back. thats how bad it was.
ssad.gif
i hope things go better!