Forum to report swaplifters??

Ashleybubbles83

Hi there,

i was recently swaplifted on the mac cosmetics community on live journal. this was my first time being swaplifted, and because the seller was actually in contact with me, i didn't want to think i was being swaplifted, but apparently she had promised items to other girls in the community and they never recieved what they paid for. i don't know if she's on specktra, she was on MakeupAlley though.

is there a forum on here where we can report our experiences like that? maybe it's just because it's my first time getting swaplifted, but i've gone into overdrive and really want to make sure this girl doesn't do this to other people, i want to make public all we know about her so that everyone knows who she is and not to do business with her!

AngelBunny

I am not sure about a forum, but if you want to follow it through to the fullest extent (like I am doing currently with a seller here) you do have the right to file legal complaints against them ... since swaplifting indeed THEFT and therefore against the law.

If they also claim that things have been mailed when they haven't, etc. you can file mail fraud charges on them too.

Most complaints can be filed online.

Internet Fraud:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

USPS complaints:

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/fo...Complaint.aspx

See if their local police dept. has an online form...if not...drop them an email.

Find the Attorney General in their state and file online, or write them mail.

Keep all records until you receive an item or refund. Print out the web pages and emails having anything to do with the transaction.

Sorry you are dealing with it ... I am too right now and it has me so mad I could spit nails!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Please PM me privately with who it is and I can see if they post here as well.
Quoting the For Sale/Swap guidelines...

If you do experience a swap/sell that goes bad, or if you would just like to be kept up to date with problem sellers/swappers please visit:

Swaptawk

Swaptawk is a wonderful resource for advice and mediation between parties.

Latest posts