(fotd #1) Spring Posies

asaphia

My latest purchase was the MAC Creme de Violet e/s, so of course I got all excited and had to use it the first chance I got; I showed this pretty colour a good night out for a drink
tong.gif

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to show very well in the photos, so Passionate (pink) seems to be taking over...

springposies01jn2.jpg

springposies03pv2.jpg

springposies04rn3.jpg

You'll have to excuse my cruddy hair - the camera was not behaving at all, of all nights, so there was a lot of frustration taken out on my poor hair haha

FACE
  • MAC Strobe Cream (Clinique foundation brush = CFB)
    - My skin gets shiny very quickly, so I usually only wear this at night.
  • Napoleon Correct & Conceal: yellow (MAC 242)
    - Yellow/Olive toned skin will prefer yellow as opposed to green to reduce redness, as green can look too white and sickly.
  • Clinique Supermoisture Makeup #06 Neutral (CFB)
    - This I never wear, personally, because it usually feels heavy on my oily/combi skin. But it's winter here and unbelievably windy, so I figured I might give it a try and pinch my mum's lol. It felt so heavy and I looked like an oil slick when I first put it on, but the powder solved the sticky looking skin problem easily, and lo and behold, only about half an hour later, it felt so comfy, like I wasn't wearing anything. So. Recommended for winter/cold temperatures that can wreak havoc on the skin. It also has no SPF, but loads of pearl. Perfect for photos.
  • Clinique Blended Face Powder #03 Transparency (MAC 187)
  • MAC Scult & Shape Bone Beige Emphasize (Trish McEvoy 48)
    - Darker shade on the hollows of cheeks, lighter shade to highlight just above cheek bones, nose, etc.
  • Clinique Blush Patchwork Pink (TM #2B)
EYES
  • MAC Magic Dust (Frost) e/s (MAC 252)
    - All over; from lashline up to brow bone to highlight. Also forinner corners of the eyes.
  • MAC Paradisco (Frost) e/s (DHC e/s brush)
    - Lashline to crease.
  • MAC Passionate (Matte) e/s (MAC 228)
    - From outer corners along the crease up to mid way.
  • MAC Creme de Violet (Frost) e/s (DHC e/s brush)
    - From crease to about half a centimetre up, blend out well (I personally find using my 252 brush with a bit of the highlight colour - in this case the Magic Dust - really helpful in blending seamlessly.)
  • MAC Steamy (Frost) e/s (TM 41)
    - Along lower lashline, almost to the inner corners but not quite - that area's for the Magic Dust.
  • Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner 02 True Black (MAC 209)
    - Top + half of bottom lashline. This is personal preference, I find that this has more staying power than Fluidline.
  • Chanel Exceptionnel de Chanel 10 Smokey Noir
    - I think it's my new HG mascara. I know it doesn't show since my lashes are so short, but it gives so much volume without clumping.
  • Unknown Japanese Brand for the brow pencil.
    - excuse the uneven brows, I always have to fill mine in because I naturally have NONE, and I pretty much wiped one side away because I had to keep pulling aside my fringe
    th_loser.gif
LIPS
  • Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick 303 Crystal Pink
  • Philosophy Make A Wish Sugar Plum Lip Balm