FOTD, attempt to copy a pic

fishchick72

I got brave & attempted to copy a pic in a book I have:
a6681b6b.jpg

and here is how it came out.............
6545af89.jpg

e71301c4.jpg

I certainly didn't nail it, but for my very first try ever to duplicate a look I didn't think I did too bad. My DH came home & when he saw the pic he was VERY impressed, moreso than I was.

So constructive criticism is much appreciated as always........

Femme Noir

I LOVE That look in the KA book. God, he's too amazing for words.

Not bad girl. I think you needed to be a bit more daring though. It's definitely a dramatic look!

fishchick72

thanks, I always feel like I can't see the colors on me, but if I keep packing on color, then in the end I feel like I look like a clown............I just don't know what to do. Is it because my complexion is sort of on the light side? I just don't know.............

anyways, I used concrete on the brow (or was it brun??), ricepaper to highlight, brun in the crease, & mulch on the lid. I lined with black tied wet. This was my first time to line with a wet shadow, it worked out great!! I will definitely line with wet shadow again in the future.

brandiisamonkey

I think you did a good job (I LOVE Kevyn and I have that book also, he is from my home state you know lol) I do think you should have went wayyy darker though, mabye your camera dosnt pick up on it like it is in life... I think your aplication was great though
smiles.gif

VERY good!

asteffey

i agree, darker more dramatic e/s. i think a swoop of some dramatic e/l and some lashes would soup this look up.

lovejam

I think you did a good job. You translated the look to work for your skintone. Copying it exactly, and going that dark might have looked weird IMO. But, it looks good like this.
smiles.gif

Beautiful1

I Think You Did A Great Job But Don't Worry About Packing On The Color If You Make A Mistake So What
smiles.gif
And Don't Be Afraid. Practice Makes Perfect Lovey!
wavey.gif