FOTD: My Eyes are GREEN

iLLdWeeb

Myeyesaregreen004.jpg

Myeyesaregreen010.jpg

I am still practicing my blending. It was really hard to work with Nehru as well.

Face

CG Invisible Concealer in Tawny
Loreal True Match in Cocoa
Bare Minerals i.d. Powder Foundation in dark

Eye
SMC Eye Primer
MAC e/s: Newly Minted Green and Nehru
NYX e/s: Sahara
NYX Eye Pencil in Black (waterline)
Loreal Hip Color Truth Cream Liner in Eggplant

Cheeks
NYX Powder Blush in Cooper and Cocoa

Lips
Benefit D'finer D'liner
MUFE Matte Lip
NYX Round Lipstick in Doll
NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Beige​

Brittni

Newly Minted is hard to work with too. Keep practicing that blending. Also when you do a highlight, dab the color on and kind of let the fallout fall onto the top part of the eyeshadow - this will help the gradient fade effect better as far as that blending out is concerned.

iLLdWeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Newly Minted is hard to work with too. Keep practicing that blending. Also when you do a highlight, dab the color on and kind of let the fallout fall onto the top part of the eyeshadow - this will help the gradient fade effect better as far as that blending out is concerned.

Thanks so much.
I need as many tips as I can get.

purrtykitty

This is great! If you find that mattes are hard for you to work with (as most are), try patting the shadow on your lid rather than sweeping. You'll get a more even distribution of color and then you'll have an easier time blending.

leenybeeny

I find that powedering my eyes before using matte eyeshadows makes them easier to blend, that way the shadow doesn't stick to the oil in my lids.
smiles.gif

xxprettyinblkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I find that powedering my eyes before using matte eyeshadows makes them easier to blend, that way the shadow doesn't stick to the oil in my lids.
smiles.gif

i kinda do the same...except i'll use my highlight color as an all over wash that way its easier to blend my mattes (the few that i own hehe)

iLLdWeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
This is great! If you find that mattes are hard for you to work with (as most are), try patting the shadow on your lid rather than sweeping. You'll get a more even distribution of color and then you'll have an easier time blending.

I patted my lid to death I swear.
I was like ok this will have to do.

MiCHiE

I wish I could get Newly Minted to look like that! I agree about the blending, too. Try patting it on and blending just the edges of the colors together.

Beauty For Ashe

I see how creative you are and I agree with some of the other comments...Once your blending is practiced a little more...your eyes will pop perfectly! Blending comes natural to some and others have to really practice. Try using youtube.com for blending tutorials. Trust me, studying makeup really helps. Remember...PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

TISH1124

These are great colors together....I agree work on your blending and it will be Perfecto!! Great job