Fotds of past... #1 Wedding

igswonderworld

So I've been to a wedding, a few birthdays/parties and I played around with some of my stuff.. This is how things turned out:

All MAC unless stated..

1) A wedding in a small town on the Mediterranean - I had less than an hour to put on a full HD proof makeup, and as you will see that I failed..

Face:
Studio Fix NC35 Powder
Format b/l
Merrily & Dainty mineralize b/l
Light Flush msf
NW 30 concealer
YSL Touche Eclat #3
Female Richmetal Highlighter

Eyes:
UDPP
Bare Study p/p
Full Force Violet p/g (used wet as a base)
Bell Bottom Blue p/g
Inglot blue pigment close to Bell bottom blue color - forgot the number
Nanogold e/s
Reflects Pearl g/l
Blacktrack f/l
Engraved powerpoint e/l
MUFE #7 Turquise Aqua liner - lower lid (I was supposed to line the lower waterline with Engraved but I forgot so I look like this)
Diorshow mascara

Lips:
Korres Pomegranate Lip Balm
3N l/s
2N l/g & Nothingless l/g (completely rubbed off by that time)

As a bonus, the BF and I at the wedding...
smiles.gif
I'm in loooooooveeeeeee......

All criticisms are very welcome: I have one: it doesn't look well-blended to me... So what do you think?

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
You are soo gorgeous!!

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Thank you!!!!
kisses.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Stunning, and wow what a backdrop!

Thank you, the background was even more breathtaking when you looked from the top of the hill where the hotel rooms were (the wedding party booked the whole hotel
smiles.gif
) Turquoise sea, brilliant sunny skies, and during the wedding there was this gorgeous sunset..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I like the idea but I'll agree with you about the blending.

I don't know what I forgot to do but I couldn't blend it the way I wanted to save my life!! I suppose the fact that I was running at 100 mph in the tiny ass hotel room getting ready had something to do with it :p:p but oh anyway..
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
If you don't mind me asking you and everybody else, how long do you spend on blending or how much e/s do you pack on the lid before you start? I feel like I'm missing out on something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiChoi
love your pretty makeup! great job!

th_e2cloud9.gif
Thanks!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochajavalatte
Um I think....I LOVE IT! HELLO!?!? And those shoes sister~to die for

th_e2cloud9.gif
Thank you thank you, that means a lot
smiles.gif
BTW I got those shoes for ... wait for iiittt....... FREEEE! I'd been eyeing them for months and I had given up on them and one day I walk into this store that usually sells the highest designer stuff for 3 times the money (factor in the exchange rate, high demand etc.) and it turns out they're having a clearance sale and these are marked down 80%!!!!!! I snatched them up so fast the sales people around me were like "do you not wanna try them?? they might be uncomfortable.." Anywho, at the register, I flashed their customer awards card and it had enough amount of cash on it (awarded to me from previous purchases :p) so I got them for zilch!!!!! I was soooo happy that day..
smiles.gif

Oh and they are Jimmy Choo... I know... :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Great Job! Love the outfit!!

greengrin.gif
Thank you thank you thank you!!
smiles.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif
th_DANCE.gif

entyce08

Quote:
Originally Posted by igswonderworld

I don't know what I forgot to do but I couldn't blend it the way I wanted to save my life!! I suppose the fact that I was running at 100 mph in the tiny ass hotel room getting ready had something to do with it :p:p but oh anyway..
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
If you don't mind me asking you and everybody else, how long do you spend on blending or how much e/s do you pack on the lid before you start? I feel like I'm missing out on something..

th_e2cloud9.gif
Thanks!
smiles.gif

Well i usually start with my crease color then blend my lid up into that then add my outer V, and lastly blend my highlight down. for everyday nuetral look takes about 15-20min for both eyes. More detailed/colorful/dramatic eyes can take me up to 20min per eye to get it the color placement/intensity/blending just right.

HTH!!

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by entyce08
Well i usually start with my crease color then blend my lid up into that then add my outer V, and lastly blend my highlight down. for everyday nuetral look takes about 15-20min for both eyes. More detailed/colorful/dramatic eyes can take me up to 20min per eye to get it the color placement/intensity/blending just right.

HTH!!

Thank you that helps a lot!! At least now I know there's something I can refer to - it's hard when you don't know whether it's supposed to be a quick process and you fail to manage it or that it's supposed to be a long thing and you just don't pay enough attention to it...

Did I just make sense? I think I lost hold of that sentence :p:p