Found a disturbing website....

SometimesTheyComeBack

Don't know if this has been posted here before, sorry if it has..

I came across this site:

MAC Make Up - MAC Cosmetics - Buy Online & Save!

angry.gif
angry.gif

I emailed EL don't think it'll help but these people shouldn't be allowed to lend the 'MAC' name to sell their fake, low quality products....

I hope anyone who has used that site, has read the Terms & Conditions right down the bottom of the page..

(We do not claim our products to be originals or exact copies, they are inspired only)

Still, where to they get off charging $25 for a fake eyeshadow??

luhly4

WOW with all the fake mac already, i can honestly say i never thought i'd see something as crazy as that.
nonono.gif

Retropinuplady

Thats insane,i wonder how many people have bought off the site not noticing the "inspired" bit and just thinking wow cheap mac goods x

sweetbabyblue

'making high quality make up avaliable to Australian women without the expensive price tag.'
roflmao how is what they're selling not expensive, especially when they're fake?!
Fake Hello Kitty MAC makes me sad
ssad.gif

anita22

I wrote them a little note telling them they're despicable! Honestly... they can put whatever disclaimer they like into the terms and conditions but this is still in clear violation. It just makes me mad that many people won't be able to tell the difference (nor are thy likely to read the terms & conditions). Is there also some kind of commerce department that this could be reported to?

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabyblue
'making high quality make up avaliable to Australian women without the expensive price tag.'
roflmao how is what they're selling not expensive, especially when they're fake?!
Fake Hello Kitty MAC makes me sad
ssad.gif

It makes me sad too!

Selling on ebay is one thing, but setting up a website is taking it to a new low...

thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I wrote them a little note telling them they're despicable! Honestly... they can put whatever disclaimer they like into the terms and conditions but this is still in clear violation. It just makes me mad that many people won't be able to tell the difference (nor are thy likely to read the terms & conditions). Is there also some kind of commerce department that this could be reported to?

I'm emailed Estee Lauder about it, don't know if that'll do any good?
ssad.gif

Also, reporting them here? Don't know if they have any legal pull?

Counterfeit Products Wanted - report - Nike, Esprit, Gucci, Omega, Oakley products, shoes, watches, hand bags, wallets, travel luggage, perfume, sunglasses, clothing

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22

Anita ,i agree they are using MAC HK,campaign poster and Fergie piccy to advertise their fake/counterfeit crap.
th_confused_new.gif
I thought it was a breach of copyrights/trademark laws to sell something that was not made by the company and using Mac campaign photos to promote their fakes!
angry.gif

Attrocious!!
Iam going to report it...will Google ,to see where exactly it can be report it...

Strawberrymold

I wonder why MAC does not sue for image violation?

Poor MAC for always getting picked on by these crappy venders who are trying to rip people off.
ssad.gif

SometimesTheyComeBack

Got a reply from EL

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

MAC products are only distributed for sale at our authorised retail store accounts, at our free-standing stores, or at our online website M·A·C Cosmetics Products purchased at one of our authorised accounts are genuine MAC merchandise of recent production. In addition, consumers can feel confident when they are serviced by one of our trained representatives, who are familiar with our product line. MAC Make Up - MAC Cosmetics - Buy Online & Save! is not one of our accounts, and we therefore have no way of knowing how they obtained our products. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns

I did email them back saying, they haven't obtained their product, its the fake crap thats taking over the internet!! I just said I wanted them to be aware that they were making a profit off MAC's wonderful reputation, and potientially damaging their reputation by selling low grade products..

I don't think they are going to do anything about, I guess it's too out of control for them? This isn't just ebay it's a store, they have a 'legimate' store using mac's image to sell crap... It just makes me
angry.gif
angry.gif

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesTheyComeBack
Don't know if this has been posted here before, sorry if it has..

I came across this site:

MAC Make Up - MAC Cosmetics - Buy Online & Save!

angry.gif
angry.gif

I emailed EL don't think it'll help but these people shouldn't be allowed to lend the 'MAC' name to sell their fake, low quality products....

I hope anyone who has used that site, has read the Terms & Conditions right down the bottom of the page..

(We do not claim our products to be originals or exact copies, they are inspired only)

Still, where to they get off charging $25 for a fake eyeshadow??

Ugh that site is making me feel sick!! How dare they.
angry.gif
I wish my keyboard had a "destroy" button lol.

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I love you to death but I've turned in reports for ages and seen the same websites still operating 4 months later. They even had me start working seller lists to an Estee Lauder branch 1-888-378-3359 between 11 am and 5 pm and they still never fought the listings. I'm not even supposed to pass that number out but when you keep reporting through their chain, you eventually reach that. For some reason Estee Lauder doesn't act on the info they receive and just warn you to buy from trusted sites affiliated with them...you will stay mad if you keep trying because you won't see results unless many other people were to get involved. I've seen too many Dear Casey letters and I've turned in Ebay sellers, Craigslist, IOffer and solo sites to no avail. You are responsible if you purchase from outside sites and they don't get actively involved and I'm sorry you're upset. The last IOffer I turned in I finally asked them why they don't remove them from making it available and they said they can't prove products are counterfeit and I offered my fake palette and brush set to them so they could; wasn't necessary and they'd look into the matter. You will be setting yourself up for disappointment doing this and I'm sorry.

Thanks for the advice
bigheart.gif

This was the first and last time I ever complain to the company.. It's their loss at the end of the day.. but just amazes me that they can allow a website to use their image & reputation to sell fake products...

I know to stay away from all these sites... but can't help but feel sorry for those oblivious to the fact that mac cosmetics is faked so frequently..
cry.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesTheyComeBack
I did email them back saying, they haven't obtained their product, its the fake crap thats taking over the internet!! I just said I wanted them to be aware that they were making a profit off MAC's wonderful reputation, and potientially damaging their reputation by selling low grade products..

I don't think they are going to do anything about, I guess it's too out of control for them? This isn't just ebay it's a store, they have a 'legimate' store using mac's image to sell crap... It just makes me
angry.gif
angry.gif

You still did the right thing... Now that I think about it, from a company's point of view i guess it's still quite a complicated situation - even though it is clear to us that these products are counterfeit, the company must still establish a legal case on a number of grounds. For example, among other things, I believe you must prove that you have already established goodwill in the country in which the brand is sold, as well as provide an analysis of the product similarities to prove that the design did not "evolve" naturally from the brief, but was an intended copy. As a company I guess if you only have limited resources, then it does not make sense to pursue a counterfeiter unless the cost to obtain legal action is less than the loss of sales caused by them selling those goods
ssad.gif

It is frustrating though.... Not just for naive buyers, but also for those sellers who do actually sell genuine goods, who end up having to compete with these horrible companies
angry.gif