Found lots of old discontinued MAC Lipsticks.

mjalomo

I was looking for swatches of pro colors when I stumbled across a website that has what seems to be alot of discontinued lipsticks (Jungle juice, Film Noir, Desire, Cyber, etc.) Has anyone purchased anything from this site?

mspixieears

I haven't but I know a couple of people who have bought from the site and they said it's ace. Really quick and fuss-free.

mjalomo

Too bad I'm totally broke right now & will get my pro card by time I get payed again. I am planning to buy myself my first filled 15 pan palette.

Ada

Sometimes they say they have something but if you try to order it it says it's unavailable. They used to have Moxie on there and I tried to order it and that happened.
ssad.gif

girlzippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
I was looking for swatches of pro colors when I stumbled across a website that has what seems to be alot of discontinued lipsticks (Jungle juice, Film Noir, Desire, Cyber, etc.) Has anyone purchased anything from this site?

I've ordered from them many times, fast, great site.

squeakers

I bought a MAC lipstick from them once and it was reallly rancid, it smelled like motor oil. It came in the silver bullet packaging. They were really nice about it when I emailed them, they refunded me and let me keep the lipstick. (at least I got a back to MAC empty) I've bought other powder products from them though and they were fine. HTH!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakers
I bought a MAC lipstick from them once and it was reallly rancid, it smelled like motor oil. It came in the silver bullet packaging......

That has happened to me before. It is always a bit like Russian Roulette when you order the older stuff, huh? I've given up on "finds" from the past like that, as you just never know. Considering MAC's movement towards frequent launches with almost all products being new LE stuff, IMO there is just too much stuff to look forward to and no need to look to the past. Just my two cents.
smiles.gif

Butterfly Princess

I have ordered from there. It is a pretty good site. I agree though with Mac Whore because the older products are sometimes not good anymore.

maxcat

Helpful Hint: Anything that isn't a dry powder: Ask the seller to give you the number on the label on the base of the actual product above the name -- it has the year it was made --i.e. if it ends with a 6, it was made this year, 5 last year and so on.

squeakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
That has happened to me before. It is always a bit like Russian Roulette when you order the older stuff, huh? I've given up on "finds" from the past like that, as you just never know. Considering MAC's movement towards frequent launches with almost all products being new LE stuff, IMO there is just too much stuff to look forward to and no need to look to the past. Just my two cents.
smiles.gif

I agree, there is starting to be too much stuff to keep up with. The kicker was that I didn't even know that the lipstick I bought from there wasn't even discontinued. (Vibe) I ended up getting it at the counter instead.

pinkfeet

I dont buy anything that old in lipsticks, glosses, foundation, nail polish - anything liquid basically or non powder.

They go bad too fast, when I found restrained rust at nordies they were all bad and they hadnt even been out that long so I would pass on this find unless its e/s, blush etc.

Leslie_B

That's where I got my Rockin Rudi! They were the ONLNY place that had it. no hassle and it came quickly, and wasn't rancid or anything.

cno64

I love/hate it when MAC comes out with an LE that I really like(example: "Lovemate" lipstick) because I almost hate to use it because of my Inner Packrat screaming, "No more after this! No more after this!"
Anyone know of a 12-step program for MAC?

cherrycola

I'd be wary about buying anything from a much older range. My mom once passed me some Clinique GWP lippies that she'd stashed away and forgotten for about a year, and they already smelled funny.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
Cyber is not a discontinued color

Neither is Film Noir or Desire...we have them all at my store & they are all on the recently updated schematic sheet.