Foundation advice...

Absynthe

I've just bought the stick foundation and was wondering if it is a good idea to get the foundation brush to apply it.I love the look of the foundation but i like it to look natural, any advice please?

mspixieears

Do you mean the MAC stick foundation? I'm also assuming you're referring to the #190 brush?

The #192 cheek/face brush is really good with stick products (I use mine for my bronzing stick and it applies it like a dream, really subtle and natural coverage) so you may also want to think about that? But hopefully others will have more advice for you.

hinna

I can't comment on the Mac brush, but both the Lancome and Estee Lauder foundation brushes are excellent and seem to be highly praised by others too. The quality is superb, and gives a perfect finish. I find one uses less product, and ends up with the blending and finish flawless. Although foundation brushes generally seem expensive, i do think that they are a worthwhile investment to get a truly perfect look. I also recommend you "paint" the face using small "x" crosses, and then blend these with short downwards strokes. This works the foundation almost into your skin so that it doesnt look like it's sat on top. A good foundation brush will also allow you to apply a second "coat" for heavier coverage without disturbing your initial base. I highly recommend.

Absynthe

Thanks for the advice.I'm going to go a get a foundation brush today and try your advice Hinna.I meant the Mac stick foundation mspixieears, i like the look it gives very much but i fancied trying it with a brush.I had read somewhere about using a powder brush with it instead of the foundation brush.I think i'll give both a try and see how i get on.Thanks for the advice.