foundation and lipstick help

lvgz

i wear basically everything but foundation and have found myself needing to even out my skin tone. i dont need any real coverage but that, so i was wondering if anyone could suggest a type or mac foundation. im not sure about the difference btwn all the types like hyperreal or studio tech, and itd be nice to know.. so if anyone could describe the coverage and finish for me, thanks!

i want more of a light or medium coverage, suggestions welcomed

also, if i have yellow undertones [nc], would blue or red undertoned lipsticks look better? im not sure of the difference. i usually use whatever goes, but ive found that certain lipsticks make me look rashy..

martygreene

check out the FAQ forum, there is a foundation formula breakdown in there which explains the differances and indications for each of MAC's foundations.

Chelseaa

okay I am not sure if anyone else would agree, but the other day i went and bought just like a drugstore foundation. Mabelline pure makeup. and i think that it is amazing, and underrated maybe. so that's what i would suggest. =]

LMcConnell18

uhm, if you dont want a lot of coverage, but you still want an even skin tone, TRY using a tinted moisturizer. mac has em. im not sure if that would even out your skin tone all that much, but its an idea. i dont know all of the details off hand... but go to maccosmetics.com and look at the foundations on there. it tells what the uses are, how much they cost etc.
smiles.gif

good luck!

martygreene

If you aren't too attached with MAC to try a different line, I'd suggest trying the following:
Laura Mercier- Tinted Moisturizer (this comes in both an oil free and moisturizing formula)
Almay- Almost Makeup (this is similar to the nearly naked formula they make, but in a liquid rather than a touch pad)
Make Up For Ever- Face and Body (a sheer gel foundation which looks very natural and wears beautifully)

Sti43

I totally 2nd Laura Mercier. TRY her products, all of them i've tried are awesome.

I use the oil free TM in Nude (nc30) and it's awesome. It evens out skintone, but doesn't have a mask like feeling. It doesn't break me out, and blends really well. You still will need a concealer with it though. From my past experience, every single MAC foundation/concealer besides Studio Fix powder has broken me out, so never ever again.

Here is a picture of me before and after the TM (view at your own risk :p)

DSCN04981.jpg

DSCN05091.jpg

lvgz

wow thank you! i never considered tinted moisturizer bc i already use moisturizer, which makes my skin dewey but.. too shiny. st43 the laura m tm doesnt look shiny at all on you and the coverage is almost exactly what i need. may i ask for more pics?

lvgz

oh and thanks everyone else! i'll be sure to check out everything suggested.

any sugg on the lipstick question?

Sti43

I don't really have any other pictures with JUST the TM on. I always use concealer after so I have alot of pictures with both the TM and concealer. I think the TM is great, I still use a regular moisturizer under it though. I am oily, but I use a loose powder. It's great if you're acne prone, seriously!!!! I can never use foundation besides this one.

DSCN04411.jpg

DSCN04691.jpg

martygreene

Generally warm toned skin looks best with warm toned lipcolors, though that is sometimes tweakable depending on what you are wearing and suh. I'd suggest going with warm/neutral toned lipcolors.

The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer comes in an oil free formula which leaves skin looking natural, but not overly dewy/shiny. It looks like natural, healthy skin.

lvgz

thank you both for all your help! i'll definitely check out the oil free formula. im not oily, except for my tzone.. but i am SUPER shiny.

also, thank you for the pictures and lipstick advice

cris321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti43
I totally 2nd Laura Mercier. TRY her products, all of them i've tried are awesome.

I use the oil free TM in Nude (nc30) and it's awesome. It evens out skintone, but doesn't have a mask like feeling. It doesn't break me out, and blends really well. You still will need a concealer with it though. From my past experience, every single MAC foundation/concealer besides Studio Fix powder has broken me out, so never ever again.

Here is a picture of me before and after the TM (view at your own risk :p)

DSCN04981.jpg

DSCN05091.jpg

sorry, I can´t see the pictures..would you put the pictures on again? thanks ans excuse my bad english:confused:

summerxdreams

Personally what I do is use mineral foundation and mix it with my moisturizer when I need less coverage - it's dewy, pretty, and way cheaper than most brands that you can get in the store :]