Foundation Brand Recommendations

Kiss and Makeup

I've never worn foundation before, and due to some really crappy customer service where I get my tinted moisturizer (LONG story involving ex-friends and weddings...she was gossiping about in a store now no one will help me, and when they do, they're completely rude *censored*), so I'm on the hunt for new foundation and tinted moisturizer.

I've got the tinted moisturizer down to a few brands (thanks to the sticky!) and some recommendations, but I'm having problems with the foundation. I've worn MAC before, and I'm going to get a sample of it, but it's really heavy. I'm interested in MUFE's HD foundation, but are there brands that give more than a tinted moisturizer but less than a full coverage foundation? My skin can get oily, so anything that's oil free is a plus. I can be matched up for colors, but from all my experience with makeup I'm clueless about foundation!

Also, is there a limit on the amount of samples Sephora will give? I'm looking to leave with about four (two foundations, two tinted moisturizers) but I don't want to get scolded...And I shouldn't. I spend enough money there :-\

SparklingWaves

Aveda has a great tinted moisturizer and foundation. Both of them are oil-free. They are found at Aveda salons. Here is there website.

Aveda - official site - shop makeup - face

Aveda has the tinted moisturizer for the lightest coverage & the liquid foundation for light - medium coverage. You can wear the compact Dual foundation (replaceable) alone or over the tinted moisturizer/liquid foundation for extra coverage. Then, there is the loose powder to dust for an all over finish and compact powder (replaceable) for touch ups.

Their line is small, but they have a nice selection of natural looking foundations worth a test.

If you are unable to find this line locally, I would defiantly check out other lines too like Dior (DiorSkin Pure Light), Lancome, Clinique, and Bobbi Brown. The most important part is to have the foundation match your skin tone and not cause any reactions. Even though I wear a sunscreen, I like to have my foundation with sunscreen in it too.

If you already own a foundation that is on the heavy side, you could make your own tinted moisturizer out of it. Here is a tutorial by MissChievous. I thought she did an outstanding job.

http://specktra.net/f296/how-make-ti...torial-104955/

Kiss and Makeup

Thanks for the tutorial. I got a bunch of samples last night, but since Sephora and MAC are (literally) across the street from where I work, I'm always over there. There's also an Aveda in the same location, so it sounds like I'm hitting jackpot. Thanks for your help!

aimee

try the oil free biotherm foundation
its a light foundation but definately a lil more than a tinted moisturizer
its waterbased

MzzRach

I love the MUFE HD foundation. I have combo/oily skin and it works wonderfully for me.

I also absolutely love Giorgio Armani Matte Silk foundation. It's oil free, but not a "dry matte" finish. So natural looking, I really love this.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I love the MUFE HD foundation. I have combo/oily skin and it works wonderfully for me.

I also absolutely love Giorgio Armani Matte Silk foundation. It's oil free, but not a "dry matte" finish. So natural looking, I really love this.

I tried MUFE HD foundation but the lightest color was too yellow for my skin. The only one at Sephora they had that wasn't too yellow (foundation wise) was NARS

Next time I go to Sephora I'll see if they have it.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
Thanks for the tutorial. I got a bunch of samples last night, but since Sephora and MAC are (literally) across the street from where I work, I'm always over there. There's also an Aveda in the same location, so it sounds like I'm hitting jackpot. Thanks for your help!

That's great! Please send a PM to let me know what worked out the best for you.

anshu7

u shud chk out mufe and mac (i wud rec'd face & body if u like a dewy finish) else u can add an oil free moisturiser to matte foundations and sheer them out to the coverage u like

candycane80

I think one of the best foundations out there now is Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing foundation. It's oil-free and goes on smooth with medium coverage, of course you could use the MAC #187 to get light coverage. I bought it at Sephora and I think it's great!