foundation, concealer

cubachinita

Hi i am pretty new to the boards. I've been dealing with pimples half of my life and for a long time now, dark circles under my eyes. So i been wondering about concealer and foundation to cover both of these things. But honestly i dont know which color, what brand or even how to select one. So do you guys have any tips, recommendations. I'm very new to make up too. i just dont know how to get the right ones. Do i go up to a mac person and ask for help?
th_confused_new.gif
Im dying to cover these things that make my self esteem to the floor.
oh yeah i forgot to say, i dont like liquid foundation, idk why. i prefer powder.
Forgive me if i post in the wrong section or something.

maxipoodle1

Well i personally have some pimples and little bit of scarring from the old pimples and i suggest that if you want to use MAC then try starting off with Studio Fix powder because you said that you prefer powder, and for a concealer then you should def. try the little pot one i forget the name but its the one many ppl use!, i myself have it but i forgot the name what a silly huh!!.....anyways those products would be good if you want to stay with MAC, but i definitely suggest if you want to use a different brand of makeup you try Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer , yes its a cream formula but trust me it WILL cover everything!!!i personally get my moisturizer and i get a little bit of my SSE and i mix them and its really good like a tinted moisturizer or foundation, depends on how much you use, after that i set with my chanel purete mat and i'm good to go, i have good natural FULL coverage for the whole day.....I hope i was at least some help!

Kiseki

Personally, I don't like Studio Fix, it usually oxidizes and makes me break out like there's no tomorrow.

My favorite powder foundation is La Prairie's Cellular Powder Foundation, it provides a lot of coverage, doesn't cake and doesn't irritate my acne prone skin, yes it's pricey but it's incredibly worth it.

nunu

the concealer from mac in the pot is called studio finish. I started using it recenlty and so far i like it just find the right brush to use it with
smiles.gif

mariecinder

I totally agree with the Studio Finish concealor. As for foundation, you can't go wrong with Bare Minerals. I have very very acne prone skin, and this foundation was a god send for me. It covers everything and doesn't cause more breakouts. I don't know what I would do without it.

Love Always Ivy

if you have acne prone skin be careful with mac foundations, there very hit or miss - some people theyre fine, alot of people get really bad cystic acne.

Melly44

I have really bad skin too.. or atleast i think i do.. i was gunna go to mac and then i heard so many people break out on there foundations and etc and im soo prone to breaking out so i don't wanna risk it and alot of my friends are useing every day minerals... so i orderd some of that! im still waiting to try it!

trollydolly

clinique is also good for people with acne prone skin i believe. they really thoroughly test their products to make sure people dont have reactions to them. i started off with clinique and they do some great concealers and powder compacts. hope this helps!