Foundation for a kit- recommendations?!

miss_allie

Hi all, can anyone recommend foundations that i should have in my kit?
I favor face & body, but what *should* i have that would be good for all skin tones and skin types?
i'm trying to keep my cost down as much as possible, so ideas anyone?
thanks!!

glamdoll

I have heard really good things about MUFE face and body, you can get alot of pro items from www.camarareadycosmetics.com

I havent tried MACs face and body but I have in my kit MACs studio tech and the RCMA pallets. I really like them!

mistella

rcma, cinema secrets, makeup forever, face atelier, smashbox, graftobian,.. those are a few lines I have in my kit, it sounds like a lot but most of them are in palettes or I just have a couple colors.

since you said you are trying to keep cost down, you can literally do anybody's skintone by bringing just 3-4 different shades and mixing a couple.

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage
(not trying to hijack the thread, but...)

How do you mix foundations that are creme, such as Studio Tech? I can see mixing SFF or Face & Body, but I can't quite see how to mix creme foundation.

im not sure i understand your question.. if you mix a creme with another creme, it should mix just fine. you can use a brush, spatula, qtip, etc

madame_morbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage
(not trying to hijack the thread, but...)

How do you mix foundations that are creme, such as Studio Tech? I can see mixing SFF or Face & Body, but I can't quite see how to mix creme foundation.

You scoop the products out with a spatula and blend it on an artists palette to achieve the shade you need
yes.gif

little_angel

I have most of the Cinema Secrets palettes and those are suitable for almost any situations. I get more range with them now that I picked up their moisture spray too... it thins it perfectly. I also have a range of shades in Makeup Forever High Def. It's good, but I don't love it in the way I love CS
smiles.gif

Brittni

I think the cheapest way to provide a wide-range of foundation colors would be to do this

Buy the LIGHEST shade. Buy the DARKEST shade. Mix to get the perfect shade for each person.
smiles.gif

You might have to buy 4 shades total though as NC and NW.

*shrugs* That's my plan.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
I have most of the Cinema Secrets palettes and those are suitable for almost any situations. I get more range with them now that I picked up their moisture spray too... it thins it perfectly. I also have a range of shades in Makeup Forever High Def. It's good, but I don't love it in the way I love CS
smiles.gif

little_angel, what about the CS foundations did you like more than MUFE HD?

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I think the cheapest way to provide a wide-range of foundation colors would be to do this

Buy the LIGHEST shade. Buy the DARKEST shade. Mix to get the perfect shade for each person.
smiles.gif

*shrugs* That's my plan.

that sounds like a good idea but in reality its not the best option. there are different pigments in a light color and a dark color. mixing a super light one into a dark color can turn it ashy and just "off". when mixing dark colors its a little trickier and you have to be careful.
smiles.gif

MacArtist

I use studio stick foundation in my kit, it photographs very well. I have 6 shades and I customize them to every skin tone. You can also just use select concealors and mix them with either moisturizer to skin primer, and they blend very easily together.

j_absinthe

I love Cinema Secrets palettes for photo shoots. Silicone based and dense enough to also conceal, but can be thinned out to provide sheerer coverage.

<3

I'd also like to get into trying some of MUFE's Face + Body, I've heard alot of MUA's swear by it.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni

smiles.gif

*shrugs* That's my plan.

That would seriously not work at all, and is the reason darker ladies were wearing ashy foundations for so long as the companies were almost using this technique with abit (or alot) of orange thrown in. There would be no depth of olive, yellow, tan, pigments in these foundations.