Foundation for dry skin please

ZoZo

Hi there,

This is my first post and I need recommendation from you girls, simply speaking, I have dry and sensetive skin and tried different kinds of foundation from high and low brands (means drugstore lines), now I want you ladies to tell me the best foundation you ever tried for this kind of skin please.

Thanks.

trollydolly

mac mineralize satinfinish is lovely if uve got dry skin its really moisturizing and has a nice natural finish

KTB

I have dry skin too and have found I really like Select Tint. I don't need a heavy covereage though so this won't work for everybody.

Mineralize Satinfinish is moisturizing BUT I was finding for a while that it highlighted my dry areas by looking caked on in them. Once I began exfoliating everyday it looks better though.

browneyedbaby

I have dry (and sometimes flaky, yuk!) patches and use MAC SFF with no problems. I do use it over a primer though which makes a definite difference.

I also use Dior ForeverSkin liquid sometimes which goes on well over dry skin too and feels nice on.

Winthrop44

If your skin is as sensitive as mine you may not be able to use very many liquids (the only ones I've found I can tolerate are MAC Studio Mist and Laura Mercier Silk Creme). For everyday, I use Alima mineral makeup (Mineral Makeup | Mineral Cosmetics from Alima Cosmetics - only contains 4 ingredients) over MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream (also buy this online at DermStore.com : Kinerase - Obagi - La Roche Posay - Skinceuticals or Skincare : Skinceuticals, Strivectin, Philosophy, RevaleSkin, Kinerase, MD Forte and more Skincare Products at SkinStore.com - it's the only moisturizer I can use on my sensitive dry skin). HTH!

ZoZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
If your skin is as sensitive as mine you may not be able to use very many liquids (the only ones I've found I can tolerate are MAC Studio Mist and Laura Mercier Silk Creme). For everyday, I use Alima mineral makeup (Mineral Makeup | Mineral Cosmetics from Alima Cosmetics - only contains 4 ingredients) over MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream (also buy this online at DermStore.com : Kinerase - Obagi - La Roche Posay - Skinceuticals or Skincare : Skinceuticals, Strivectin, Philosophy, RevaleSkin, Kinerase, MD Forte and more Skincare Products at SkinStore.com - it's the only moisturizer I can use on my sensitive dry skin). HTH!

Thanks for recommending certain things for me, I really have a very sensitive skin as well as dry, I never used Mineral Makeup or any MAC foundations before but this is my next step in the future and hope this is good for me.

Well, am gonna order the mosturizer that you did try it since you have the same kind of my skin and I will see the difference.

Thanks again.

Latest posts