Foundation for MUA Kit?

GirlyDork

Hey guys.

I am really considering becoming a makeup artist, hopefully in the near future. What foundation should I start out with in my kit?

What I've heard is that I need 3 pink-based foundations and 3 yellow-based foundations (example with MAC foundations: NW15, NC15, NW30, NC30, NW50, NC50). However, I'm a teenager on a very tight budget and can't afford 6 high-end foundations.
I'm considering using Revlon ColorStay foundations when I start out, but I'm not sure which ones I should initially purchase. Any recommendations?

Thanks
smiles.gif

rosegasm

hmm im not sure about ALL the shades, but for nc30ish it's golden medium in colorstay =)

you could also get a really dark foundation and a really light one (im guessing 2 from yellow tones and 2 from pink tones) and mix from there. might be a little time consuming but it should work.

CherryElion

I'm starting out to and i decided to invest in a brand called Graftobian. They have an 18 shade foundation palette called: HD Creme Super Palette and its awesome. It looks so light but covers so much and its totally buildable color. The palettes come in neutral,warm and cool with 18 colors on each palette. The price its not to bad since they last pretty well. Its like 65 dollars each palette. Check it out and see if you like it.
Good luck

..kels*

You should look into Yaby foundations. They're less than $15 each & are perfect for every skin type. It's all I use in my kit now & everyone always comments on how great their skin looks!