Foundation for Oily Skin in Louisiana (Cargo, Lorac, or BE are only top choices)

sheaspearl83

I am having to replace my MAC NW45. I have tried Studio Fix Powder, Fluid, Mineralized Dark, and keep Deep Dark Blot Powder with blotting papers readily available. The foundation is just no good for my skin. As for everything else, I am fine! So I am going tomorrow to this little Cosmetics Store that carries Cargo, Lorac, Laura Mercier, and Bare Escentuals. I've tried Estee Lauder and it irritates my skin (I'm also sensitive). Clinique is too dull looking. Any suggestions, thanks!

glamgirl

Umm, this is a hard one, I too have oily skin and use Studio Fix. I just deal with my oily skin throughout the day by using blot powder. You may just have to experiment with different lines to see which one works best. I would suggest try MACs matifier along with blot powder

shadowaddict

My oily skin couldn't stay looking matte with any of MAC's foundations. I also had a hard time getting a good match. I'm super pale. I live in the south also in Tennessee. I now use Prescriptives Virtual Matte and I like it. I still blot but not near as much. A lot of people with oily skin really like Laura Mercier's oil free foundation and Bobbi Brown's but they just didn't work for me. Also Makeup Forever that's available at Sephora is suppose to have a really good matte foundation for oily skin but I don't know much about it. I've heard a lot of talk about their Super Matte loose powder also. I've been meaning to go to Sephora and get a sample of each. It's not real close so I haven't done that yet. Hope this helps and good luck.

Shanelle

Definitely not Bare Escentuals! Omgosh my face was sooo shiny when I used that. Not good.
I have really oily skin too, I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear and it works pretty well. I heard Revlon Colorstay is basically a dupe of DW. Maybe try that?

Latest posts