foundation for oily skin

MaddyBoo718

hello!
i'm currently looking for a new foundation.. i have oily skin, though. i need something that won't make it look incredibly greasy and will last! i've tried a bunch of drugstore foundations (Colorstay, etc.), and MAC foundations, but the drugstore ones cake and the MAC makes my skin look gross and doesn't last. i was thinking maybe the MUFE HD Foundation.. but i'm not sure how that goes with oily skin =\ so any recommendations?

AmiS4ys

MUFE Mat velvet works pretty well
smiles.gif

CandeeNova

hi!
i also have oily and acne prone skin and mufe hd foundation did not help ONE bit with my oily-ness. in fact it made it worse! Because I have acne prone skin, I am sensitive to a lot of products and mufe mat velvet plus foundation clogged my pores :-( it worked very well with my oily skin, but not the acne prone factor.
The foundation that I'm using now is the new bare minerals matte formula. I had some pretty nasty issues with the original formula because if the bismuth oxychloride that it had in it. the new matte formula does not have this ingredient and so far i LOVE it! highly recommend it!
yahoo.gif

MaddyBoo718

thanks for the quick replies!

the only issue i have with the bare minerals is the powder formula... i get really messy with it. i have the original, and it's okay, but i really hate the powdery mess i always seem to make o_O

Jackie O

I use MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and I really like it.

Aside from that a GREAT tip you might like to try is dabbing on a little bit of milk of magnesia on underneath your makeup, on the areas you experience the most greasiness. I know you're probably like wtf is that! lol but it really works!

I have combination skin so I usually take a cotton ball and a very small amount, a little goes a long way, and dab a bit on my T-Zone (nose and forhead area) Sometimes it leaves behind a white chalkiness but just dab some water over it and it'll clear right up. No need to put moisterizer on top, or just put moisterizers on your dry areas (cheeks, and chin for me)

It is probably the best trick for keeping my skin oil and shine free, and it lasts ALL day. Not exaggerating! I don't even use blot papers anymore lol

Tashona Helena

I love MUFE Mat I'm so happy I got it. I was using Studio Fix + blot powder, but MUFE seems to do the trick on its own or even with some cheap powder, so I love it. I'm definitely satisfied with the switch to MUFE.

jazmatazz

Try MUFE Mat Velvet, it's the best foundation I've found for oily skin so far. The HD is supposed to be really nice, but not for oily skin as it gives the face a glow. Which as you know those of us with oily skin don't need extra help with!
smiles.gif

I set my foundation with Macs Prep and Prime which is great too.

darkorchid

It's really alot of trial and error. I used to use Studio Fix but found it would melt on me by the afternoon - and that's with being in an airconditioned office all day! Revlon Colorstay is the best I've found, but I don't like to use it all the time because it is so hard core, it clogs my pores.
I use Silica powder on my face first to help absorb oilies, then put whatever foundation I'll be using on top of that
smiles.gif

sheaspearl83

I have also been using Bare Minerals Matte for a week now and noticed a significant improvement in my skin's oiliness. Don't forget to drink plenty of water!

User38

For very oily skins, I use a drop of MOM and mix it with an oil free foundation -- my favorites are MUFE and Color Stay.. but these are on two ends of the price spectrum.

MUFE MAT is great, but it is sometimes too mat for my taste and looks a bit cardboardy even on the most oily skins after awhile.

Forget MAC SF or SC... they both oxidize horribly on oily skin.

For a good oil absorber try the cheapo Cornsilk -- it works!

anita22

I love and use:
- MUFE Mat Velvet
- Chanel Mat Lumiere
- MAC Studio Fix fluid

All are great for oily skin.. MUFE Mat Velvet is the best with regards to oil control, but it's a heavier coverage - MAC Studio Fix is better for a lighter finish.

Almond_Eyed

Try "MAC Matte", it's a gel/cream that you put on under your foundation to prevent oiliness and give a matte finish.

<3

KimmyAnn_678

When my skin was horribly oily, I used Lauder Double Matte. You can always get a sample at any Lauder counter to try it. A good primer will also do wonders
smiles.gif

slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
Try "MAC Matte", it's a gel/cream that you put on under your foundation to prevent oiliness and give a matte finish.

<3

AGREED! This stuff is amazing!
yes.gif
I use it all-over as my foundation primer.

cindiaz

Does anyone know of a foundation that can be used daily without damaging the skin? I use Revlon Colorstay but only when i go out and i need one for work (for every day use), i have some sun spots that i want to cover;before, i was using bare minerals (the regular one) but settles on my expression lines (hate that).Right now for every day use i use the mac mineral foundation but i want more coverage.TIA

lojical1

If you have already found the perfect shade of foundation, you may want to just find a primer that will help mattify your complexion. This CoverFX primer is excellent, or you can try the Philosophy Primer. Both are geared towards oily and blemish prone skin and help decrease oil production.

Latest posts