Foundation for the summer

Okay ladies and Gents,
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Ive got 3 vacations coming up:
th_worship.gif
South beach in June for relaxing with one of my BF's, Disney with my son and hubby in July, and Vegas with the girls in Sept....
graucho.gif
Anywho, I have a bunch of foundations and I'm want to have a good foundation for this summer....

Heres what i have used before:
Missha liquid foundation
MAC Studio Sculpt
MAC Select SPF 15
MAC Studio Stick SPF 15
Mineralize Skinfinish/Natural
MAC Studio Mist
MUFE HD Foundation
th_confused_new.gif

I get oily on my t-zone and thats about it. Anyone got any suggestions on if I should stick to one of the foundations above or any new suggestions...??
th_dunno.gif
I would like to know what works better for the summer for ppl.

nursee81

I actually bought face and body by MAC my MA was raving about it and made me swear I would always use it. Its very sheer and I am happy with it so far.

^^I was thinking of going with something not so thick..i love me some sculpt studio but im feeling like its starting to look a bit thick for the hot weather...

nursee81

get a sample from the FS MAC. I like it vey sheer and you can always put concealer for problem areas.

MzzRach

Have you considered doing a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation? I love using tinted moisturizer in the warmer months, and many of them have SPF, which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Have you considered doing a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation? I love using tinted moisturizer in the warmer months, and many of them have SPF, which is great.

Tinted moisturizer...mmmm.. this sounds new and fun... any suggestions from who?
th_DANCE.gif

MzzRach

I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer - has SPF 20 and is not as sheer as a lot of tinted moisturizers out there. Comes in a decent colour range, too. Worth sampling, maybe.

AliVix1

i have very dry skin in the winter but in the summer my skin is usually more hydrated so i either make my own tinted moisturizer by mixing foundation with my regular moisturizer or i use my mineral make up (bare minerals) and if i want more coverage from it i will apply with a skunk brush and mixing it with fix+ (lately homemade fix+ bc i ran out lol)

gitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer - has SPF 20 and is not as sheer as a lot of tinted moisturizers out there. Comes in a decent colour range, too. Worth sampling, maybe.

I totally agree with MzzRach. The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is wicked. Add a little dusting of MSF Natural for that summer glow and you are good to go.

thanks ladies for the suggestions..I'm so going out next payday and getting this. Can Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer be purchased at sephora? i must sound like a dits.

Lizzie

Yeah, they have it at Sephora.
I recently got a sample of it from there (even though I'm a little Sephora traumatized) and it's really nice for light coverage.

blazeno.8

Yeah, I was just thinking of tinted moisturizers too... you can make your own with your favorite moisturizer and some liquid foundation. In that case, I guess you could carry a compact of translucent powder to freshen up whenever your t-zone becomes problem.