Foundation Help... does this seem right?

ExquizitDiva

I just recently switched my foundation to MAC so I went to the local counter here to get matched and this is what I walked away with:
Studio Fix Fluid in NW43 and Studio Finish concealer in NC45... sound right?
I'm VERY oily so I also got the loose & pressed blot powder in medium/dark, I ended up returning the pressed because I just look a little chalky after I apply the loose so I was worried about using the pressed to stay matted thru the day. I ended up getting MSFN in medium/deep to use after I apply the loose blot powder to get rid of the chalky look... does this seem like a good idea? I also wanted a foundation with more coverage so I wanted full coverage but my counter doesn't sell it the MUA said it was a MAC store item so I ended up getting the Studio Tech in NC45 and another concealer in NC42 for a highlight. Does this seem right... so here are my questions:

1. Studio Fix Fluid in NW43 and Studio Finish concealer in NC45... why wouldn't I get a concealer also in NW43 or 40?

2. If I wear NW43 in Studio Fix Fluid why would I wear Studio Tech in NC45?

3. What's the main reason for using a MSF?

4. What do you wear to stay matted thru the day? I work in a professional environment and would like to keep the oil away.

th_dunno.gif

Thanks in advance!!! I'm soooo confused! I used to sell Mary Kay so I know about foundations & makeup but choosing the right MAC one is a chore.

ebonyannette

Well to answer question one, you want your concealer to be lighter than your foundation because hit helps hide dark spots by making them lighter then when you go over it with your foundation it looks more even.

2. SFF is a different formulation and the colors are different, alot of people have trouble finding the right SFF match

3. I like MSF becuase it gives a really nice finish to your look it blends everything together and gives it a kind of airbrushed look and it looks glowy without alot of shimmer.

4. I stay matte through the day because i use Revlon Colorstay its a good alternative to SFF (it broke me out) it stays matte I put my Studio fix powder over it and dont really have to touch it up. At work I used to use the toilet seat covers to blot my face if i got oily and then put a lil more powder over it.

You'll get the hang of MAC, its not that bad there are alot of MA's on the board you can ask everyone is very helpful.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Well to answer question one, you want your concealer to be lighter than your foundation because hit helps hide dark spots by making them lighter then when you go over it with your foundation it looks more even.

2. SFF is a different formulation and the colors are different, alot of people have trouble finding the right SFF match

3. I like MSF becuase it gives a really nice finish to your look it blends everything together and gives it a kind of airbrushed look and it looks glowy without alot of shimmer.

4. I stay matte through the day because i use Revlon Colorstay its a good alternative to SFF (it broke me out) it stays matte I put my Studio fix powder over it and dont really have to touch it up. At work I used to use the toilet seat covers to blot my face if i got oily and then put a lil more powder over it.

You'll get the hang of MAC, its not that bad there are alot of MA's on the board you can ask everyone is very helpful.

You want under eye concealer to be lighter than your foundation. You want concealer for the face to match your foundation.

Also, different MAC formulas match differently, so it's possible to have different shades from product to product.

Latest posts