Foundation help! Pics inside!

Mygreatlove

So I'm really hoping I can get some help with my foundation. I have the hardest time finding a shade that matches my neck well. In these pics, I'm wearing MUFE's HD foundation in shade 110. But You can still notice a huge difference from my face and neck. And I feel like my face is always oranger, even without bronzer or anything. I hope these pictures are ok and you can see it good enough.

me2.jpg

me-1.jpg

Any help would be great!
smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

My face and neck are never the same color either. I always end up using some bronzer on my neck to even it all out LOL.

you look like a NW10 in MAC which you cant get online, as for MUFE I have to mix 2 bottles together to get the color I need...maybe you should try that!

Misoxx

Firstly I'd suggest to make sure you blend the foundation adequatley enough, if you apply with fingers you can get a more concentrated approach and layering foundation can also do this, making your face appear darker as the pigment in the foundation isn't spread out evenly. If you arn't already, i'd suggest using a brush such as 187 or any duo fibre brush to blend your foundation and see if you get a better result. (187 comes in handy for everything, inc blush, so this won't be a waste if the result doesn't change)

The other thing would be to mix in MAC Face and Body foundation white, or another brand which does white foundation such as Illamasqua, with the foundation your using to lighten it.

Also, test this in various lights, as shady areas can make your face appear darker even without wearing foundation.

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

aggrolounge

This is probably somewhat due to oxidation. The only brand I've found that I don't have to mix white with because it 1. runs light enough and 2. doesn't oxidize is NARS.. but I'm not crazy about either formula.
If you're looking for white foundations to mix into your foundation (which you should be! it helps so much), Coastal Scents has one, Yaby has one, Face Atelier has one, Mehron has one.. and idk there are probably more.
Use more white than you think you need to. When the foundations aren't dry and rubbed in yet they will look too light. Plus you will have bronzer or blush on when you're done so it'll tone down the ghostliness.
HTH

LorraineER

Hey, I'm very pale myself but I think I'm a bit darker than you. (the lighting in my icon pic is way off though) I am always the lightest in foundation and sometimes even the lightest color that some brands offer is too dark for me.
Have you considered mineral foundation? I don't mean Bare Essentials, I wouldn't recommend their foundation. Meow Minerals has the lightest foundations I've ever seen and their lightest color is too pale for me- I think it'd work great for you. They're more a matte finish and their full-coverage formula is heavy-duty without looking or feeling heavy which is nice but they have three levels of coverage to choose from. Also, Dreamworld minerals has some nice light colors and their coverage tends to be a little lighter than Meow plus it has a dewy finish if matte isn't your thing. They both offer sample sizes of their products. If you do think you want to try them but aren't sure where to start you can email them for foundation matching help, or ask in mineral makeup forums, or even ask me because I'd be happy to help.
If all else fails I would try mixing your foundation with moisturizer and smoothing it on your neck to even things out a bit. Good luck!

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorraineER
Hey, I'm very pale myself but I think I'm a bit darker than you. (the lighting in my icon pic is way off though) I am always the lightest in foundation and sometimes even the lightest color that some brands offer is too dark for me.
Have you considered mineral foundation? I don't mean Bare Essentials, I wouldn't recommend their foundation. Meow Minerals has the lightest foundations I've ever seen and their lightest color is too pale for me- I think it'd work great for you. They're more a matte finish and their full-coverage formula is heavy-duty without looking or feeling heavy which is nice but they have three levels of coverage to choose from. Also, Dreamworld minerals has some nice light colors and their coverage tends to be a little lighter than Meow plus it has a dewy finish if matte isn't your thing. They both offer sample sizes of their products. If you do think you want to try them but aren't sure where to start you can email them for foundation matching help, or ask in mineral makeup forums, or even ask me because I'd be happy to help.
If all else fails I would try mixing your foundation with moisturizer and smoothing it on your neck to even things out a bit. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll have to look into that and if I have any questions, I might PM you!

Thank you to everyone else! I would really hate to have to mix two foundations to get the right color... more expensive
angry.gif
but I may have to try it if it'll match my neck. I'll have to start looking to find a white.

Mabelle

I did a girls makeup today, she was so fair i didnt think i would be able to find anything for her. Her skin was also dry and wasnt taking well to any liquids.

Oddly enough, BAre minerals was a fantastic match. She was probably a 117 in mufe (slightly yellow undertoned, but the fairest shade in the HD range) and i matched her with fairly light in BE. It covered her so well, and absolutely was not too dark. Even worked well on her dry skin! I was VERY surprised!

Latest posts