Foundation Help....pls!

Ciani

So for some reason I am cursed on finding something that works for my skin.....my problem is no matter what foundation I use I always have the same problems.

First off around my cheeks/nose/chin the foundation seems to sink into my pores.....and sit there making them stand out really well.....I don't know why either because I use primer and I moisturize....it's weird.

Anyone have any suggestions on this like what I could use or a technique I am missing? Also for when I get a breakout I use stuff to conceal it but it always has the flakey skin around it even if I moisturize that alot.

It's not a huge deal if someone is standing a few feet away from me but I can tell my foundation looks blotchy and dry.....as well as doesn't seem to cover or stay put for long.

So far I've used Cover Girl True Match foundation, MAC Face and Body Paint, MAC Studio Fix NW15 which*breaks me out*. I have even tried mixing them together as well as adding some moisturizer.

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
How do you apply your foundation? Do you use a brush, your fingers, a sponge, ect?

I usually take either the 187 brush or the 109 and spritz lightly with some fix plus dab it lightly into the foundation and go from the middle of my face out blending it in well....although I have tried using a spounge both slightly damp and dry as well as using a foundation MAC brush and even tried my fingers and all of them still have the pore problem/dry skin look
ssad.gif

gildedangel

You could try using a pore minimizer; even if your pores aren't big it can help fill them in which would prevent the makeup from sinking in. Clinique makes a fantastic one that comes in a light pink tube. Try using a stippling technique with your 187; just stippling. It takes longer to blend but I find that it does a better job of making skin look even and not emphasizing pores. You could also try using a matte foundation; dewy and shiny foundations like the ones you have tried can make pores stand out more. That's all I can think of at this time of night, if I think of anything else when I am awake that you could try I will post again. Good luck!

statusmode

I also have dry skin so I know what a hassle it can be to keep foundation looking fresh and radiant. You just have to see what works best for you.
Starting off w/ moisturizer.. for example, I used cliniques dramatically different moisturizer which gets great reviews and is labeled to be for "very dry skin," but after a while I realized it wasn't cutting it. I switched to studio moisture fix lotion which I like because it has a time-release formula (I've read amazing things about Clinique's moisture surge and MAC's moisturelush cream is great stuff as well!)
Also, you should try a lighter foundation like mineralize satinfinish foundation which gives a nice and subtle dewy glow =] and it applies like a dream w/ the 187 brush =]

hope that helps a bit! just keep in mind that finding the right moisturizer is more than half the battle!

caramel_geek

I have large pores on my cheeks and nose as well. And I think Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation does a good job. It's a light to medium coverage foundation tho. So, if you're looking for more coverage, this might not be the one.
I apply it with a 187, stipple it on then lightly swirl a bit.
HTHs. =)

kittykit

I have sensitive skin and most foundation breaks me out. My dermatologist recommended La Roche-Posay Toleriane-Corrective Fluid when I went to see her last month. I have been using this one for 2 weeks now and I am loving this product! I use 187 for the foundation and it gives me a flawless looks!
smiles.gif

Ciani

Thanks so much guys! I will check out all the things that you've mentioned and hopefully one of them will work for me
smiles.gif
!