Foundation help would be lovely :)

JustAddSparkles

Currently, I wear Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer with a light powder most days since it's summer and my face doesn't take to heat well.

However, I'd really like to find a foundation that works well for me since my daughter decided to dump my Chanel liquid foundation out the other day. This was my "full coverage" option, and I rarely used it because I found it too orange-y, not to mention it was pretty aged.

I went to get color matched at MAC the other day, thinking I'd be an NW20 since that is what I used to wear in high school.....nope, apparently I'm not even an NW 15.
th_dunno.gif
I'm definitely warm toned, but the MUA suggested I try NC15.....apparently it was a shade lighter. So I bought that in the Studio Sculpt, but I'm not sure if I'm sold.

If I use a cool toned foundation, will that look off with the rest of my body? I'd really love to hear your reviews of studio sculpt as well....is it true that it transfers really easily? Is there anything to do to avoid this? Also, is there any foundation out there for alabaster white girls that you absolutely love?

Thanks in advance for any help
smiles.gif

BabyGirlB

I'm a super pale girl and I use Face Atelier's ultra pro foundation in #2. I love this stuff! It's got great coverage but it really feels wonderful on your skin, I always get lots of compliments when I wear it because it makes my face look absolutely flawless. Sorry I can't help with th studio sculpt, I only tried a sample of it and it didn't really jump out at me but I only had enough for about 2 applications. :/

LC

there's something to be said about mac's "warm" and "cool" system. It's opposite of how every other makeup company does it. so mac's "warm" foundations, are actually a pink undertone, which is what any other company would consider to be cool. and mac's "cool" foundations, have the yellow undertones, which is what every other company considers to be warm.

so are you warm toned according to mac, or according to everyone else?

if you are warm according to everyone else, then the nc15 will be perfect. it has the yellowish undertone, giving off that warm effect. it seems confusing, but mac does it this way because they follow the traditional artists color wheel where the yellow is considered cool and red is warm. most other cosmetic companies have their own beauty color wheel, which makes it opposite.

the nice thing about studio sculpt is that it's very blendable. So even if it's a shade off, you can blend it down so much that it'll match you. If you find that it's still way off, try setting with a powder that's closer to your color.

JustAddSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
there's something to be said about mac's "warm" and "cool" system. It's opposite of how every other makeup company does it. so mac's "warm" foundations, are actually a pink undertone, which is what any other company would consider to be cool. and mac's "cool" foundations, have the yellow undertones, which is what every other company considers to be warm.

so are you warm toned according to mac, or according to everyone else?

if you are warm according to everyone else, then the nc15 will be perfect. it has the yellowish undertone, giving off that warm effect. it seems confusing, but mac does it this way because they follow the traditional artists color wheel where the yellow is considered cool and red is warm. most other cosmetic companies have their own beauty color wheel, which makes it opposite.

the nice thing about studio sculpt is that it's very blendable. So even if it's a shade off, you can blend it down so much that it'll match you. If you find that it's still way off, try setting with a powder that's closer to your color.

I'm warm by color wheel (and I thought MAC too, is that right?)standards. Red/pink undertones are very obvious. Which is why I thought it was odd that she matched me to the NC15 because the NW15 was too dark.

LC

It would be odd, except that the artist is right...the nc15 is a tad lighter than the nw15. A couple things you can try:

1. a different formula of foundation. although it would be nice, their colors don't run exactly the same from foundation to foundation. You may want to try swatching several different nw15s in different formulas all along the inside of your arm, walk around for a half hour, and determine which is the lighters

2. you can continue with the nc15, and set with a sheer nw15 (select sheer pressed, select sheer loose, or even a mineralized skin finish natural in 'light' has a more pinky undertone)

let us know what your solution ends up being
smiles.gif

PlatinumV

I was not very satisfied with MUFE HD foundation... maybe it is because I don't apply it heavily, but I have not seen all the coverage it should have (I used it in very bad skin days). I find Clinique Almost Powder Make Up having more coverage power. It is an almost-mineral foundation (so it is in powder form), wonderful for not looking oily during summer. Moreover, it is available in pale shades, that's really what I need. By the way, I am going to buy another one on Friday: finally summer has come and I really need some control in the oily areas.

Latest posts