Foundation help

girlsaidwhat

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a new foundation recommendation.

In MAC, NW15 is too dark for me. And actually, where at one time the formulation of the select sheer foundation worked for me....these days it settles into my face in ways I don't like...making me look "dirty" instead of flawless. I've taken to not using any foundation, just studio fix, a little concealer, and NW5 Select Sheer powder. I think the powder is a good match for me...why MAC doesn't make a foundation to match it I don't understand.

Now that I'm not wearing foundation (which, incidentally, I've worn every day of my life since I was 14) my face doesn't look so dirty...but my face is a bit on the pink side from using glycolic-based skin care products, and I think I need more coverage than the select sheer powder is giving me.

I also think that because my face looks quite a bit darker than my neck /because/ of the pink-ness. I've been adding some green color corrector to my studio fix primer to counteract it, and it helps to an extent. But my face still looks too dark next to my neck and chest. Not dirty any more, but too dark.

I have combination skin that is maturing (I'm in my mid thirties). I prefer a light coverage foundation that is on the matte side. I've tried BE mineral foundation; it's too dark for me and settles into my skin funny. I need something lighter than NW15 in MAC.

I know there are some paley maturing women out there who have tried everything and know what's what!
winks.gif
Help me out, ladies. I don't mind paying a lot if I'm getting a foundation that makes my skin look amazing.

Thanks so much.