Foundation help...

BabyFu18

I've read through the foundation sticky posts and am still coming up with nothing. I was wondering if maybe somone on the board was having the same problem as I am when it comes to finding a foundation. I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and every foundation I try (from drugstore to highend) seems to make my skin worse. I'm mostly looking for a foundation that will not make my skin any worse (breakout wise), but it will cover current breakouts and scars.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jess98765

studio fix i find is quite a good product for this. Studio TEch would be unsuited to you so don't try that- as many people find that it cloggs up their pores and hence casues breakouts... that doesn't happen to me as such, but many poeple with your skin combination faces this problem. I'm not too sure about other foundations, but studio fix is good to cover and doesn't casue break outs for me....
smiles.gif

jasper17

I wouldn't recommend Studio Fix - I'm still trying to clear up some pretty nasty breakouts from using it. It seems to clog the pores pretty badly - all the MAC foundations I've tried have done that unfortunately.

I *would* recommed Bare Minerals - it covers really well, I found it to be really gentle and it doesn't seem to cause breakouts at all. Another similar one, since some people react badly to the Bare Minerals, is Aromaleigh. It works almost as well but the downside is you have to order it online and it can be hard to choose a shade.

kcrae

mineral makeup

I would agree-I have the same exact skin and I just decided to explore other foundations. I was using studio fix, but b/c I had read so many people were experiencing skin problems with it, I thought I would give it up. try aromaleigh,as many people who have sensitive skin tend to react to Bare minerals. Aromaleigh does offer samples and if you register you can post your pic on their forum and someone from the company will suggest colors for you. I just went with Jane Iredale pure pressed mineral compact, which is similar to studio fix, a little less "chalky" but I just went this route b/c I could buy it the store and see the colors in person. Plus, I like the convience of a compact. I need some time for my skin b/4 I decide if it was indeed the studio fix.
Also, the reviews on Makeup alley have said that "GLO Minerals" is the exact same as Jane Iredale as they copied the formula and just gave the colors different names, so explore your options. You can also go to a place that sells Jane Iredale (you'll have to call some salons that also sell cosmetics) have them help you with a color selection and then buy it cheaper on ebay, or call glo minerals tell them what color you are in Jane Iredale and have glo minerals tell you what shade that would equate to.

BabyFu18

Do mineral foundations really cover? I'm skeptical of mineral foundations because I'm afriad they won't cover anything and then I'll be out of luck and money. I will try and see if I can get some samples though.

lovejam

I got some pretty awful breakouts from pregnancy, and Biotherm Sense Matte is the foundation I've been using. It's really good. It covered everything nicely, and didn't make the breakouts worse. It's also very easy to blend, I just use my fingers.

I tried mineral makeup, and didn't like it. It didn't cover well, it felt weird on (mixed with the oily skin and felt kinda greasy), and it made my face *very* shiny.

ChrisKsAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18
Do mineral foundations really cover?

I am worried about the same thing, that and if they do cover does it take alot? I don't want to buy a .3oz jar of Bare Escentuals and then it is gone quickly!

jasper17

The mineral foundations definitely do cover and it takes very little to do so. Bare Minerals has a separate powder concealer you can use but, really, the plain old foundation works fine by itself. I've had mine since about March of this year and I think I've used less than a quarter of the container so far.

Hikaru-chan

Biotherm Sense Matte as great staying power and doesn't go shiny on me like the other ones I've tried.