Foundation Help!!!!

BrokefromMAC

Hi Everyone
greengrin.gif

I have been using Revlon Colorstay for a while now, and I do like it, but now that it is summer, I am finding it is a bit too heavy, cakey, oily and greasy feeling on my skin. Can anyone tell me what a good foundation, drugstore or high end, would suit my oily and acne prone skin? I want something with more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but not so heavy that it is mask like and unnatural in the summer heat. Any help is so appreciated. TIA
greengrin.gif

gildedangel

You could try powder foundations like MSFN or Studio Fix Powder, or my favorite foundation for my oily skin is Studio Sculpt.

caramel_geek

Try MSFN.
smiles.gif
It's great for summer when you don't want anything too heavy.
Or if you're looking for more coverage than MSFN could provide, try Select SPF15 or Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation. I actually prefer Bobbi Brown's as it gives me a more flawless look than Select SPF 15.

HTH!
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokefromMAC
Hi Everyone
greengrin.gif

I have been using Revlon Colorstay for a while now, and I do like it, but now that it is summer, I am finding it is a bit too heavy, cakey, oily and greasy feeling on my skin. Can anyone tell me what a good foundation, drugstore or high end, would suit my oily and acne prone skin? I want something with more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but not so heavy that it is mask like and unnatural in the summer heat. Any help is so appreciated. TIA
greengrin.gif

I know it's a stupid question, but you're using the Colorstay for oily skin, right? The only reason I'm asking is because my skin's oily and acne prone too, but I don't have any issues with the Colorstay being oily on me at all. I can see it being a bit too heavy for some girls, but in the interest of trying to save you some $$, have you tried applying it with a brush (not a foundation one, something like the skunk brush, or sephora's platinum #55) to give yourself less of a covering? It may also help with the oily/greasy feeling you're getting. ...and make sure you're setting it with a decent powder. I've seen some girls saying they're using MSFN, Blot powder, etc...the MSFN doesn't work for me, but the blot powder works great (I use the loose one, not the pressed), and so does MUFE's HD Powder.
If none of that helps, I'd highly recommend MUFE's Mat Velvet or HD Foundation. I love them both.
heart.gif

GL hun, hope you find something that works for you.
greengrin.gif

BrokefromMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I know it's a stupid question, but you're using the Colorstay for oily skin, right? The only reason I'm asking is because my skin's oily and acne prone too, but I don't have any issues with the Colorstay being oily on me at all. I can see it being a bit too heavy for some girls, but in the interest of trying to save you some $$, have you tried applying it with a brush (not a foundation one, something like the skunk brush, or sephora's platinum #55) to give yourself less of a covering? It may also help with the oily/greasy feeling you're getting. ...and make sure you're setting it with a decent powder. I've seen some girls saying they're using MSFN, Blot powder, etc...the MSFN doesn't work for me, but the blot powder works great (I use the loose one, not the pressed), and so does MUFE's HD Powder.
If none of that helps, I'd highly recommend MUFE's Mat Velvet or HD Foundation. I love them both.
heart.gif

GL hun, hope you find something that works for you.
greengrin.gif

Hi
greengrin.gif
Yeah I use the Revlon for oily skin and I have not had probs until like 2 weeks ago, which I think is weird lol. I am not sure why I am getting the greasies. I use blot powder to set it and my 187 to apply it. I hope it goes back to normal cause it usually works great, who knows right lol.

Nicala

I have oily skin, I was using Shiseido but it was tedious applying liquid during summer! The MUA at the Urban Decay counter recommended the surreal skin mineral make up. It's really good. Doesn't feel heavy what so ever. Really good coverage, too. I haven't had a need to use any concealer with it and I have a good amount of pimples and scars from pimples right now (>.>). You should try it! I'm in loveeee with it. I apply it with a skunk-type brush like the 187 (I use the sonia kashuk dupe hehe). HTH!