Foundation Kit for MUA?

Randy Rose

Hey girls and guys . . .

I've recently started freelancing as a MUA. I've done work before, but it was always working with friends or projects in which the models could be relied upon to supply their own foundation. As I'm starting to do more lessons with people who are totally clueless about their own makeup, I was wondering about what foundations I should add to my kit to cover the broadest range of skintones possible for the least amount. (MAC foundations) I know that people talk about mixing colors to match instead of buying every foundation in every color. . . which products do you think are ideal and which shades should I pick up that would be mixable to the greatest degree? Any help would be appreciated. (This is mostly for teaching girls to do regular day makeup, so natural looking > crazy pancake super coverage)

Randy Rose

Anybody?
smiles.gif

NoAddedSugar

Its a bit difficult not to end up with loads of foundation because you want to be able to cater to all possibilities so I bought a cream palette from ScreenFace which is a theatrical supply store in london. I also purchased a couple of additional singles in colours that were not in the palette but of the same type so I can mix and match my own as needed.

I am sure you can find something in your area or online. I would look for professional theatrical mu sellers for palettes and also kits of liquid foundations where they will have several shades in one that you can then mix. This will mean not having to carry loads and loads of MU with you.

I love my little palette because its about the size of a Mac 15pan e/s palette so fits in my kit nicely.

Sorry its not MAC but since they don't really make a system for carrying several shades of foundation with you easily I prefer using the above. If you want MAC I would suggest getting maybe Four Colours of something like Studio Fix Fluid get the very lightest, the very darkest and a shade like maybe NC30 and something with more olive tone. You should be able to mix these in varying quantities to get a matching shade. It will just take a bit of playing around with each time for each person.

Latest posts