Foundation kit HELP! l

jflo1882

th_dunno.gif
Ok so I'm going to start working on my portfolio and I have been thinking and stressing about the foundation! I have done friends' makeup but they usually have the same skin tone as me so I have used my extras on them. But know I dont know how to or where to start building my foundation kit. I love NARS and MAC foundation and MUFE but they are too expensive to buy alot of them. Any suggestions on good quality, inexpensive foundations I should try?
th_dunno.gif

Senoj

Camera Ready Cosmetics is great for purchasing foundation kits. I personally love the Graftobian HD foundation palettes. They come in cool, warm and neutral undertones and you can purchase it for about $65 for a palette with 18 foundation shades. Or you can get about 5 shades for $20-$22. You can find graftobian and other foundation brands on the camera ready cosmetics website.

..kels*

Yaby Liquid Foundations! I think they're around $15 each. I use them for all of my photoshoots & bridal work.

CherryElion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj
Camera Ready Cosmetics is great for purchasing foundation kits. I personally love the Graftobian HD foundation palettes. They come in cool, warm and neutral undertones and you can purchase it for about $65 for a palette with 18 foundation shades. Or you can get about 5 shades for $20-$22. You can find graftobian and other foundation brands on the camera ready cosmetics website.

Im crazy about this foundations! you wont regrette getting these palettes!

LC

cinema secrets has foundation palettes..good coverage and only like 20 bucks for 5 colors

SarahC0612

Face atelier is also very good. You can get their products from camera ready cosmetics, or through faceatelier.com. On Face Atelier.com, they sell samples that are $1 each and good for about 2-3 applications. Aside from being an excellent foundation, what really sets them apart is that they sell shades called 0- and 0+, which you can add to their other foundations to lighten or darken them. So, you only have to buy a few shades and as long as you have the 0+ and 0-, you can adjust the shades you have to match any skin tone!

Ingenue

I rarely purchase multiple bottles of foundation anymore ... 'cause Bobbi Browns BBU Pallette has saved my LIFE!
th_DANCE.gif

It's expensive ($250) but my local supply store offers 40% off of Bobbi, so the investment was totally worth it. I keep a very light foundation and the darkest MUFE HD foundation with a couple of color correcting primers for mixing, but that's about it.

I've used it quite a bit... I'll need to refill some of the pans pretty soon.

laceface

I really love RCMA's Shinto Palette. This is a great beginner's palette and paired with the KO palette, you will be able to cover any client! They are a little pricey, but well worth it. Should you purchase it, make sure you get the thinner that goes with it. The best way to apply it is with a damp sponge. I find brushes really streak it.

Aqua2291

this post saved my life! I was in the same predicament as well! I have a Kryolan palette with their ultrafoundations - it has 8 shades for the darkest of skintones. honestly, everytime I finish my clients they just go - wow! what foundation is that?! But these tips are well needed because I have colours for darker clients and not lighter potential clients!
smiles.gif

KaylaDMakeup

I use MAC full coverage foundation, its great because is SOOOOO much product for an OK price, but I have been told that Graftobian cream foundations are very similar,but better price, so i would go for those!!

jflo1882

So I'm going to order the graftobian Warm palette. I have been reading some reviews and some say that the foundation tends to look oily after a while. What do you ladies recommend for a great setting powder?

rblopez95

I love all these suggestions but will these cream foundations make oily skin oily, how they work with dry skin etc..

Also, I've heard that you can use them as concealers & foundations.

Do you have suggestions on application as well?

Thanks!

shamsa01

Graftobian hd foundation palette is by far the best . You get so many options to choose from and they have tons of color range.

Latest posts