foundation looks pink?

gohgoomah

so i have been matched to be an NC30 on studio tech, but i noticed that as soon as i apply the foundation my face kind of looks pink, but after several hours (perhaps due to smearing) it looks more natural?

what could be some of the causes for this?

MorningGlory

It sounds like it isn't the right shade for you. I would suggest trying various brands until you find one the correct shade. You may want to look at Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, Armani, Chanel and Shiseido.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohgoomah
so i have been matched to be an NC30 on studio tech, but i noticed that as soon as i apply the foundation my face kind of looks pink, but after several hours (perhaps due to smearing) it looks more natural?

what could be some of the causes for this?

You probably need a foundation that has a more yellow undertone to counteract any pink areas of your face IMO. I also advise you to check out Laura Mercier, NARS or Bobbi Brown. Not Shiseido, because I find their foundations to always have a pink undertone.

It can also be an alergic reaction.

gohgoomah

so i thought it may be the studio tech, so i got matched for the mineralized satinfinish in NC30 as well. the weird thing about this one is that it does the opposite. it looks FINE as soon as i apply it on... but after several hours it oxidizes into this strange orange/pink color that makes me look like i have a mask. i'm thinking MAC foundations aren't really cut out for me
ssad.gif

i'll try some other foundations from different lines. thanks everyone for the suggestions!! i guess i should just think of GOOD foundation as an investment (though i've got to say that one of the reasons i was attracted to MAC's was the lower price in comparison to the other department store lines)

woee~

SparklingWaves

I am very cool toned and things will turn pink on me. I wear NW15. I can't wear several lines, because they will turn pink on me. I can wear Bobbie Brown & Aveda foundation too.

Latest posts